Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Author
Comment
Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Jan, it's your first story that I'm reading as a WIP. Thankfully I had the comfort of reading all the others as complete, but now I sit with the belts fastened, ready for the ride. Speculations galore! Hope to see your next instalment soon!

Dearest Jan!
At last your new fiction is here ! I just wanted to thank you for this cause as i've already told you in your last fiction you have a very unique way of inserting what i call dramatic passion in your stories...!
I love SOTF already and i'm expecting for more of your chapters sure that all will end well......
Oh, and it's a nice thought of giving us the number of chapters cause as much as i'm sorry for a beloved fiction when comes to an end, i can't stand either the stressing of clinging up waiting for some fictions that seem to have endless chapters........
Bless you Jan !

Maura, Sammie, Geri, Dina, Jeske, Stevie B, Ima, Annj, Sylwia, and Margo: Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm a little late in replying, but please know I am grateful for every one. All of you are beyond generous with your praise.

-Jan

What a great story! I am enjoying it very much!

Chapters 3 and 4 are up my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks Jan and Renee for the post. Just printed off the new chapters to take with me on a trip. I can't wait to get settled on our 5 hour drive so I can read. I'm so addicted. I'm looking forward to some more posts when I get back on the 21st. Cindy

Have a great trip, dear Cindy, and take every opportunity to enjoy yourself!

The moment I learned you were my sister, I determined to think of you in that manner. The past is now dead.
SmileyCentral.com This story is heartbreaking.
I possess the strongest of wills. But I possess the strongest optimism and I've decided to believe and patiently wait for the happy L&D together ending.
Great story! Sad, but great!

Basia

Something is very dodgy in the story. It doesn't quite fit. If they really are siblings, you've really manipulated one of the truest romantic stories.

BNie2, all fanfiction writers manipulate a story, romantic or not, that's what fanfiction is all about.

In this case I don't see why things wouldn't quite fit. Often things are not what they seem, and the information we have until now is not explicit. The main characters have drawn their conclusions, but are they right? That's the question still to be answered...

As much as I love Jan's writing, I think that I'm going to have to wait until this story is finished before I can read it. Otherwise, I won't get any sleep!

This is so upsetting, I read the chapters and after everyone I just want to cry! That they love each other as more than brother and sister is so sad, I do hope that they figure out the mystery. The horse riding scene though, that was lovely.

I am so looking forward to the next chapter.

Chapter five

Soph, dearest! You commented even before I announced it here, in the message forum... haha It's upsetting indeed, but I so enjoy the growing relationship between Darcy and Lizzy. They feel more and more comfortable in each other's company. And I'm so optimistic about the outcome...

Jan, I'm so happy you make as chuckle now and again too, it breaks the tension in a most delightful way.

They certainly touch each other a lot which is a privilege they would not be allowed were they not brother and sister. I actually thought the horse riding scene was quite raunchy!

No, they can't really be related that closely for even if they were cousins they could be married. My mind needs them to be together eventually.

Welcome back Renee, you have been solely missed! Hope your vacation has been great fun

<"Must you make love to my cousin at the dinner table, Fitzwilliam?" Darcy snapped.>

I love this Darcy! Jan, you gave him such witty lines! I don't really like this Colonel, he seems rather insensitive. Will he be a suitor for Lizzy?? Can't wait for the next update!

Welcome back Renee, you have been solely missed! Hope your vacation has been great fun

TY, dearest Gio. And yes, I had a fab vacation. Missed y'all too though, and I'm always glad to be back again.

Indeed they can marry even if they are cousins. i sure hope they can solve this bother-sister mystery so that they can move on-as lovers.i have a feeling Darcy has strong feelings for E. certainly not as a sister but he is such a gentleman.

Thanks everyone, for all your comments. And Sammy, I certainly understand your reluctance to read this until it is finished. I've heard from a lot of people who prefer to do that.

They certainly touch each other a lot which is a privilege they would not be allowed were they not brother and sister.

You're right, they do, and being brother and sister is the only means to get away with it.

I'm glad some of it made you smile, Renee. I really hate that it's such a sad story. When the idea for the plot first popped (or slid - ideas no longer come easy for me) into my head, I thought what in the world would two people who loved each other do with their feelings? It's a terrible place to be.

As for Col Fitzwilliam, I've always written him as the good guy. Is it time to see another side of him?

Dito; Welcome back Renee, Love this story. I think Darcy is falling more in love with Lizzy the more he is with her. and I believe that his cousin the Colonel's intentions are not on the up and up. I too believe that if they are related they are cousins, then they would be able to marry. And I also think that Lady Catherine knows the truth. I can't wait for more as usual. Great Story Jan H

As for Col Fitzwilliam, I've always written him as the good guy. Is it time to see another side of him?

Go right ahead, dear girl, contrary to Mrs Benet I don't have a particular affinity with redcoats.

I have to admit, I do understand those readers who prefer to wait until it's finished. I would do the same thing if the story wouldn't be that good.

I am worried, but I just can't stay out.

And it is written so smartly. Of course the most touching are all those scenes with Lizzy and Darcy - they seem to understand each other and they obviously like each others company. I hope this growing friendship will end in love and marriage.

Basia

Dito; Welcome back Renee,

Sorry, Julia, I missed this. Thank you dear, happy to see you again.

As usual, Jan, I love your writing. You are mentioning a lot of people who have the potential of being Elizabeth's natural parents. All this touchy feely stuff is good because I refuse to believe they are brother and sister. I have particular fondness for redcoats either so bring it on. I have the feeling that Fitzwilliam may have ideas of his own. Thanks again!

Another great chapter, Jan! I am especially enjoying your descriptions of Darcy's moods & manner as seen through Elizabeth's eyes.
Thanks!!!!!!

Kim

I am enjoying this intriguing story very much!

Woo Hoo Jan!!!!!

I was told by Debbie..(at our TaHoe gathering) about your new story......and she was sooooo right!!!
This is terrific .... D&E aare have a tough time thinking they are sister and brother!!! but I have a feeling you have some very interesting twists and turns up your sleeve!!!..lol....

Can't wait for more

your teapot

Nancy

Woo Hoo Jan!!!!!

Woohooo dear Nancy Teapot! How wonderful to see you here. Welcome, welcome.

I agree, Renee, so great to see you here, Nancy! And thanks Cindy, Kim, and drsuebee, too. I really love and appreciate your comments.

Cindy, I think you're reading the colonel right. Kim, I've forced poor Darcy into so many mood swings in this story, it would give a lesser man mental whiplash. And Nancy, wish I could have listened in on the fun all of you must have had at Tahoe.

-Jan

As for Col Fitzwilliam, I've always written him as the good guy. Is it time to see another side of him? ...

I wish I could write as eloquently as you Jan...and then I would be able to dictate all the characters to my liking...but I have to say ..I AM INDEED A GREAT READER... ..and eagerly waiting for your next chapter...pl add in somemore happy moments between the D&E...I'm sure they miss each others' pleasant and loving company...

Ima

Chapter six is up, my dears. Enjoy, but be ware of more angst...

Jan,

Thank you for the next chapter.

I need to say that I admire your style very much – not only what you’re writing, but also the way you’re doing this.

With every next part I feel sorrier and sorrier for Elizabeth and Darcy. If I was to write about all of my emotions, the comment would twice as long as chapter itself. So much happened there. Darcy’s dark mood (there is nothing more alluring the Darcy in a dark mood), Colonel’s plans, the ball, the picture Mr. Denison wants to bring, Darcy’s jealousy, Elizabeth’s jealousy, theirs’ obvious love for each other.

I have so many questions, so many doubts, so many fears – I won’t even try to invent a possible answers. But surely I am already waiting for the next week and a new installment.

Basia

That is so sad and erotic and lovely and painful and happy and depressing and intriguing all in the same chapter! I love the way you write, Jan, each chapter is a torrent of emotion and I need more after every installment.

I am trying hard not to wish the next week away - to wish my birthday would not be a good thing. And then I'm back at school but this will be a beacon of light in a very hard week.

Thanks again for such a wonderful story.

Soph
Aug 27th, 2007 - 2:13 PM
"That is so sad and erotic and lovely and painful and happy and depressing and intriguing all in the same chapter! I love the way you write, Jan, each chapter is a torrent of emotion and I need more after every installment."

Jan and Soph I feel the same.SmileyCentral.com
julia42

Mr. Beveridge's Maggot (Emma) Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Jan

Wonderful chapter that suggests hope.

You said the following:

"Author's note: I took the liberty of basing the dance between Darcy and Elizabeth on the choreography in the movie Emma starring Gwyneth Paltrow."

So, I had to check you tube to watch that great dance scene again. See the link below:

Mr. Beveridge's Maggot (Emma)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gnh1U32wwYc

STEVIEB

OMG, I so adore Jeremy Northam...

Thanks you, dear Stevie. I love this movie!

The same dance was danced in the BBC P&P series but slower. I like this version much better. All dances in the various British costume dramas are done by by Jane Gibson. She appears to be the only expert on contradance (in the English language corrupted to country dance but they have nothing to do with the country! )

Jeremy Northam nothing wrong with that!! Re: Sins of the Fathers by Jan H

Renee,

Yes. The dance was more sensual in part because of Jeremy Northam's dance movements. He danced elegantly.

Ever since Eli told us to imagine that HER Colonel was Jeremy Northam, any time an author, including Jan, mentions the Colonel I think of Jeremy. So, ahhhhh . . . of sorry I digressed. I meant to say Jeremy Northam nothing wrong with that!!

STEVIEB

Indeed, Stevie, Jeremy 's a better dancer than Colin Firth, most definitely.

But are you sure about Eli's colonel? I thought we had to imagine James Purefoy. Oh well, they're both lovely, right?

Renee,

HAHAHA Yes you are right! Too many handsome men and too little time. I got them confused. Weird 'cause I see James Purefoy in Rome on HBO & recently I saw him again in Vanity Fair. :) [Loved how he is dressed in Vanity Fair. His uniform and those over the knee boots.] Ooops! Don't want to engage in hijacking the thread w/ frivolity. But, to set the record straight, JAMES PUREFOY (as the colonel) ahhhh . . . nothing wrong with that!!

Now back to Jan's story, I am tethered to the board 'cause I want more chapters toute de suite.

STEVIEB

Now back to Jan's story, I am tethered to the board 'cause I want more chapters toute de suite.

Me too! I'm so impressed. It's so heartbreaking and moving. And the underlying sensuality is beautifully rendered. Poor Darcy, poor Lizzy. To be subjected to such an ordeal.

I'm totally hooked, even though I'm a terrible angst wimp.

Thank you, Ima, Basia, Soph, Julia, Stevie, and, of course, always Renee! I loved your comments.

Ima, never underestimate the sterling worth of a great reader! Anyone who writes a sentence appreciates them. I agree - I'm ready for more happy moments between D&E. And remember, I've been wallowing in this saga for a l-o-n-g time.

Basia, I agree - Darcy in a dark mood is irresistible. Of course, I'd take him when he's happy, too.

Soph and Julia, you're right. This chapter had a torrent of emotion. I raised a drama queen (youngest daughter), so I'm well acquainted with emotions. And Happy Birthday, Soph, if I missed it.

As for the Emma dance - thanks for the youtube link, Stevie. And I'm with you and Renee, Jeremy Northam is a wonderful dancer. When I was dreaming up the dance between D&E, I had a combination of Mr. B's Maggott and the faster number he does with Harriet Smith. Of course, there's no such song, but then I'm neither a songwriter nor a dancer, so what do I know? It just gave me more chances for D&E to touch each other.

-Jan

WOW! Thanks for another great chapter, Jan! The emotion is realing building... Fantastic writing!
I, too, really enjoy that version of Emma. (In addition to dancing well, I think Jeremy Northam kisses well on screen too!)
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful story!

Cheers!
Kim

Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful. That dance - wow! I am so glad that you let us experience it with D and E. I want them to admit their feelings to each other although I know they will feel much guilt for that.

I loved Elizabeth's jealousy when Darcy danced with her. She won't accept any money so how will she live if she leaves? I hope she doesn't leave before seeing the picture. It might be a clue. This story is just so exciting! %Thanks for the chapter, Jan!!

Oh, Jan. How grateful I am for you to be back writing here again!
This new story is as great so far as the rest!

In addition to dancing well, I think Jeremy Northam kisses well on screen too!

Indeed! The kiss he exchanged in Possession with Jennifer Ehle made my knees grwo weak...

Another aspect of his great acting skills... Although he wouldn't need to act it if I were the lucky girl...

Thanks Jan for another great chapter. This story is bringing out so many emotions. Fitzwilliam is a little too persistent. I guess in another character that wouldn't be bad but he is really pushing himself. I hope Elizabeth sees the picture also. I think there is definitely something there with the Darcy boys. Please post another chapter soon!!!!! Cindy

God Lizzy check the attic!! Jan H is killing me! Love the story and excellent writing by the way.

A big thank you to Kim, Terri, Lucy, Christina, Cindy, and Karen for your comments!

Karen, I understand why the story is "killing" you at this point, and Terri, you're right. If D&E confessed their feelings, they would experience a lot of guilt, among other things. Actually, guilt is prevalent throughout this story, but can we expect otherwise with "Sins" in the title?

Lucy, Elizabeth could always go back to Longbourne and let Mr. Bennet support her as long as he's alive, but, of course, not in the manner in which Darcy could.

And Renee, I had to laugh at the typo in your message about Jeremy Northam's kisses because he has the same effect on me.

"Indeed! The kiss he exchanged in Possession with Jennifer Ehle made my knees grwo weak..."

See, even the thought makes your fingers "grwo" weak. How appropriate!

-Jan

See, even the thought makes your fingers "grwo" weak. How appropriate!

I'm dying here, Jan!

Off topic, sorry, but I can't resist... Talking about good dancers, what about Christopher Walken!

I hope I'm doing this right!

Jan!

I just wanted you to know that I love this story but you are making me age 10 years with every post! I hope this will be short 'cause I don't think I'll make it to 100!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8