Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

I am awfully sorry Mihaela.I fail to comprehend your meaning.Pray, enlighten me.
I remain, dear madam, yours,
EB

Be not alarmed, Eli...:-)

I was not happy, of course and just used all the emoticons (I cannot call the 'smilies' the one I used) displaying this ...

I still hope something would happen and prevent that marriage... Is she to find too presumptious that Col F had already planned it all ?

At least I had some consolation: she does think of Darcy...

Eli,
I understand how Micheala feels as that is how I felt to ..Have been reading your story (can't help it..awaiting for Darcy to be unleashed..) but have not posted any of my 2cents comments..

Hmmm you are indeed in love with the Colonel ...I am in two minds about the Colonel..I was just reading another story where Lizzie became Mrs Fitzwilliam...I kind of like that Colonel..but your Colonel ..Eli..I don't know...probably because he let out the famous "story" on purpose..or is it because how you started the story Eli..and stop it at the mysterious "VOICE"..you evil women ...please continue

Ima,
Be not alarm. You must know, that although I must confess I have this thing about the colonel(poor thing most fanfiction authoresses always depicting him a complete looser) he is still the terrible flirt he has always been. But unlike Wickham, Richard remains the gentleman. I have just finished chapter 33 of LCT,and such a scene with him that I can hardly wait to share it with all of you.You will be reading it by February I gather.
If you want to know, my heart belongs to Mr Darcy (dark gorgeous Mr Darcy played by Colin Firth)Still, I am sure you will end up loving this Richard Fitzwilliam as much as I love him. As you can see, I am not saying anything about who ends up with who. Just keep reading. I promise you won't regret it.

Eli,
Thanks for the info..was not alarm but was in a bit of a turmoil ..as usual we are normally a "bit" impatient but I know your true love is for our tall dark and handsome Darcy ..phewwww... ...

My dear French friend.
I believe I owe you an apology for not having bothered to answer your questions.I can see you are all trying to trick me into leaking out something as regards the outcome with all your questions...and I am too much afraid to fall for that. What can I say ...Do you believe in Christmas wishes? Well, Christmas is coming in only two chaps more ... Do you think you will be able to endure for 15 days? You will be properly rewarded by then.

Basta, Eli, nos haces sufrir demasiado!

Stop it, Eli, why do you make your faithful fans and readers suffer so? You have written 33 chapters, and yet we are only at Chapter 7? Take pity on us and post two a week, pleeeeeeez! Don't make me beg.

Mimi

Eli, mon amour ,

merci...

Yes, I do believe in Christmas wishes - and make my list for Pere Noel each year ... And I have been very very 'sage'..
So I will be waiting patiently for my 'gifts'

Mimi - I think it is chere Renee to be begged if you want to beg someone ...
And Eli for longer chapters..

Seriously: one of the best chapters until now !

Oh, Mimi.I would love to post more regularly. Yet, regulations are made to be obeyed. Thank God, all my readers are very faithful, indeed.But so I am. You have every reason to expect a new posting every week, and the story to have a happy ending(I say this because it is almost finished and at least you know you will be able to read it through)
Then again there is this issue of my good friends the betas. They are these beautiful ladies who have offer to proofread my work as a sort of editors. This takes time, you know.So, let us pull up your chairs as this writing team kindly present you with this story in installments.(I see you can write in Spanish. Where are you from my dear?)

Mihaela:
Thank you! Do you really think so? I have a feeling you are going to change your mind: Christmas means shopping, trees, decorations...which reminds me of...mistletoe ...which reminds me of...

I think it is chere Renee to be begged if you want to beg someone ...

Apart from authors and betas, I am a factor on this site, absolutely true...

T'es si maline, ma chère...

Eli,
you delight in toying with me..:-)
Since you will decide to spoil my Christmas -wicked as you are - or is it only one of your trick for Halloween ?!

Do at least assure me - by the time of my birthday (july, next year), will I have a nice gift ?

Renée:

You got me all wrong. Quite the contrary ... I was trying to encourage you to hope ... Christmas is indeed a dear time ...at least it will be for Mr Darcy ...

Chapter 8 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I just read your chapter 8. I wonder what will happen now. Will the Col. go through with his marriage with Elizabeth or will he elect to go to France. I am sort of happy that he has had his eyes opened and I don't want anything bad to happen to him. I hope he will find someone that will truly love him and that he lets Elizabeth go. The title of your story leaves me to believe that "Love Calls Twice" is meant for Elizabeth and not Darcy. Please post again soon. Thank you

Oh my, poor old Fitz what will he do now, but you know he brought it all on himself, had he left things as they were.....Poor Darcy, what a mess, and little G. Lizzy seems still to be affected by Darcy, what a fine mess they have gotten themselves into. Im with the other guessers now, Fitz should go off to war, give the other guys some time to work out their heads. If they happen to mess things up between them....again while he is gone then good for him, he can win the prize on his return. I think I feel most sorry for Lizzy, poor girl has been played about with by just about everyman who has ever spoken to her, her best hope may well be to run away from all the PnP men and make her life elsewhere. Id jump into the count of monte cristo's tale and get in on with Dantes myself! He could help her revenge herself on all the medlesome men in her life, serve them all right for being rotters, no matter how little they mean to do it.

Loving it, cant wait for more.

Oh Eli, i knew this would happen, except you surprised me in the way it happened. I knew Fitz would get his share of missery, he had it coming. As for Elizabeth, i don't know what you will do to redeem yourself with the poor woman. Her love life sucks! And to think that she even offered to be Darcy's mistress and he refused her! Can you make her rich or something? This is not to be tolerated, a woman at the mercy of all these men! Thank you Eli, what great writing!

Renee: please allow Eli to post some more?

Mo.
Thank you for taking the time to write. Indeed, you can expect the next posting next Friday. Apparently, this is what our beautiful hostess, dear Mrs Darcy, has decided upon.
Lisa. Yes!! I live on your guessing game. There is still a long way to go! I can confidently say that next posting will be quite reassuring for you girls, and next...oh hohoho!
There is sth I want to share with all you ladies. I have just graduated!!!The 4th of December it is my graduation party, and I have just been offered to be assistant to Phonetics and Diction at college next year! I can't believe it!!

Ok i love it even more!!!!!!!!
I close to crying when Darcy was sayin all that stuff awww he soo sweet.And Georgeian knows too yay
I can see how Darcy ends up in Lizzy bed if she living near Pemberly.
I have a thought maybe the he doesn't marry Lizzy but send her closer to Darcy to see if she has feeling for him so he can be sure.So Cornal off to war or something but spying on her
i really can't wait plz post soon
Niketa

Renee: please allow Eli to post some more?

Goodness gracious, have a little compassion on my poor nerves!

Eli, my girl, you graduated! How cool is that? And such an interesting new job. My warmest congratulations

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More congratulations for graduating, well done I know what a delight it is when the results go up and you see how you did. I hope you enjoy your graduation party hugely. Well done and enjoy your new job....(which when i read it quickly i thought said pyrotechnics. LOL, I thought you were going to be blowing things up!) Well done you.

Well well, so the Colonel fell from heaven back to earth huh? Sigh....and poor Lizzy, you guys are right, she is such poor thing, her emotions so fragile. I wouldn't even want to be in her shoes!

And this is just the begining..when Eli, you have mentioned before that you were writing chapter 32?! That would be the lovebirds' 5 long years of separation! Oh man....now that Darcy's feelings are in the open (boy am I so glad about it!!), I am very interested to see how Colonel is going to act. Is he going to be magnanimous and tell Lizzy the truth then let her make her decision, or will he continue with the engagement? Hmm...this is intriguing!!

Eli, congrats on your graduation and new job!

Thanks girls. Actually,to become a lecturer's assistant is not a job but a priviledge only bestowed upon those students who did really good.Eventually, I will get trained to become a lecturer as well, if I choose to take up phonetics as a specialization, which I may.So double congrats to me.
Ahh. I knew sweet Richard will give you guys something to talk about. So Mr Darcy is back on the saddle. Do you think he should ride as well?
I hope you did not suffer so much for Elizabeth. She is going to have a good time any time soon.
Love you all!

Congratulations to you Eli and best wishes too.
You out did yourself on this Chapter, I feel for Fitz, the anguish of learning the truth must be killing him. I hope he doesn't do something drastic like returning to his regiments and into battle. As mush as I would like to see Darcy and Elizabeth together I do not want anything to happen to Fitzwilliam. I'm anxious to read on. Hope to here from you sooner than later though. I Love Your Story!!!!!!

Wow, what a chapter! Ladies, there is no way that Fitz will keep the engagement. Doing that would sacrifice his friendship with his cousin and I don't think he is willing to do that! Remember, blood is thicker than water...

Eli, your story is greatness. I just can't wait for the next chapter. What twists!!!

Congratulations to you Elena and best wishes too! Graduation is a hard thing to do.
I so love this chapter, it show the real Darcy! And Richard, opps! His little secret, how will he ever fix this! Hmmm, I wonder how?
Georgiana, she is truly a woman and not a child as they think her to be! Keep up the great job of writing

Julia:
Thank you. I am anxious myself, to see what your reaction at the twists the story will soon take will be!
Kayak:
Col Fitzwilliam is an officer and a gentleman, hence a man of honour. He cannot go back on his word to marry a lady. Engagement in times of the Prince Regent was as good as marriage, I am afraid.

Roberta:
How good to see you are following the story!!And you are right. Georgiana is a snake in the grass. You will see.

Being a traditionalist, I can't wait til Darcy and Elizabeth are united again! I love your story, can't wait until the next chapter comes out. You are an amazing writer if you can evoke emotions in your audience.. like annoyance/dislike for Richard (from me)...

Ohhhh What a wonderful chapter!!! I was actually teary eyed there for sec. I'm sure Richard will be breaking the engagment after that confession. He just would not be able to bear the hurt he would be causing Darcy. Way to go Eli, Never imagined this!

Congratulations on your Graduation!!! I'm sure it feels great!!

Well now hta I read all of the comments on todays chapter and Eli, you revealed that Richard would not break the engagement, I kind of wondering how it will happen now. Will he reveal where he has been and let Lizzy make her decision? or will he not say a word? Will Georgiana be the one who eventually gets to Lizzy to reveal the truth? Alot can happen during a long engagement so please let Friday get here fast. Right about now Richard is probably feeling like a third wheel and i want to know whats going to happen.

Meagan.
If you are trying to induce me into writing in favour of Mr Darcy...then you are doing an excellent job. Your sweet words can induce a General. I know that what I write must always entertain me. If I cry or laugh or, ejem... well, then it will surely cause the same effect on readers. I am having so much fun with this story!
Please! Gimme a break!Richard is such a darling! How can you hate him so?

Jess
I cannot complain. You are great fanfiction fans. With readers like you, so responsive, writing is really very gratifying.
I must correct you, dear Jess. I never said such thing. I merely pointed out on Richard's eventual disposition to break an engagement, 'cause (I cannot remember who was it that posted it) what-s-her-name apparently thought that breaking his engagement was no difficult thing. You must know that the great team behind LCT, among them people on this very forum, took the trouble to go into historicity and Regency customs, wakes habits, time , distance, and what not!Hence,things usually go according to customary. Of course, there will always be a mistake here and there, cause I do not pretend to write a history book, rather a story to entertain.Breaking an engagement was hardly ever done and it meant a lot of embarrassment , especially for the lady in question. Take the example of Sense and Sensibility, where Willoughby breaks his not-very-clear engagement to Marianne to marry for convenience with the terrible consecuences we all know. Or Isabella, in Northanger Abbey, the disgrace she causes to her name in the eyes of her future brother in law.
So, Jess. If you want to know what will happen with Richard and Elizabeth, pull up your socks and endure the week which rests to pass until next chap is posted.

Bravo, Eli, on your graduation! All your hard work paid off.

As for Darcy....my word...I was wavering between crying for him as he poured his agony out to Richard and laughter at his drunken bumblings...especially as Richard and the manservant attempted to wrestle him into his bath. What a chapter!

That Georgiana heard Darcy weeping and knows of his pain...'sigh'...what a helpless feeling she must have. Perhaps she will be instrumental in bringing some positive resolution to the collective misery.

As for Richard's engagement to Elizabeth, well, it has not been announced yet and her father has already expressed reservations. I can't imagine Richard ever being able to find true happiness with her with Darcy's love for Elizabeth a constant presence and reminder of Richard's well intentioned but erroneous intervention in Darcy's courtship of her. Perhaps they will keep the engagement secret and he will allow her time to decide. What a tangle you have woven!

Rita.
Thank you very much. There is a very much hilarious short story written by Teg, that unfortunately is no longer available, in which I found the inspiration to imagine the scene between Richard, the manservant and ****** Darcy. I have always wished that Teg, who is a great writer, and has written the most sad and yet beautiful stories with the Colonel, Darcy and Elizabeth in a triangle, would write the sequel for that. But apparently she is not going to do it.Too bad.
I am glad you cried and laughed.I hope you can feel some other things in chaps to come.

Thank you RitaSV! I did forget about the time period of the story, duh...but they haven't "officially" announced it yet. This anticipation is killing me.

Eli, my hats off to you on your graduation! Congrats!

Back to the story, WOW! I just had so many emotions going on when I read this chapter and absolutely loved it! The Col. is kinda growing on me but I still want Lizzy and Darcy together but we all know that have always had a lot to overcome to get to their happy ending which is so much sweeter for all they have to endure to get there! So since we have a lot of chapters left to endure to get to the sweet ending, I'll be as patient as I can be but I just want you to know that this has been an excellent story so far and I am sure the rest will be as magnificent! Keep up the great work!

Dear Brandy
Many thanks. It is a great pleasure and a great honour to be part of this very special site. All the people here are so polite and appreciative!
Indeed I agree with you. R F gets into one's heart, as much as he got in everybody's hearts in the original. Take the last paragraph chap 32"...she sometimes planned her marrying Col Ftzwilliam.He was beyond comparison the pleasantest man; he certainly admired her, and his situation in life was most eligible,..."
And as regards sweet moments...one of the sweetest of all is coming soon,...I told you...
Christmas...

chapter 9 is up. Enjoy!

Aww! The poor colonel, I feel so bad for him but I cannot help but feel that he deserves it somehow. Can't wait to see what happens with Lizzy and Darcy. I'm thinking Mr. Bennett will be the savior in this predicament and Mr Darcy will reveal a whole lot about his feelings on this trip to Netherfield, I'm sure!!!

Great Chapter Elena!!!

I second Jess' thoughts! Pity the Colonel but he brought it upon himself. Now so eager to see what's the twist ahead of him.

Lady C is such a ****** I can only hope something bad will fall on her soon . Then she will quit bothering Darcy with her incessant demands. I still don't get it why he would want to marry Anne in the first place..family obligations?? Argh!

So glad that Mr Bennet is doing his best to advise Lizzy. Will have to see how the Netherfield party will affect her

Just thought of something!!! Does anyone think Lizzy and Darcy will come to an understanding at the Netherfield party? I don't mean as his mistress!!! Which is why his anticipation on seeing Lizzy after Anne's death is so high. Not sure how the particulars would work but it is something to think on. I'm so excited about this story just had to stop in the middle of my work to send this idea. Eli, do you realize what you are doing to me? Must make you fell realy good that your writing can affect so many in this way.

That Lady C, she makes me cringe

I do feel sorry for the Colonel, but not a lot. I still feel more sorry for Lizzy, she had been messed around so much she hasnt a clue which way is up.

I dont envy the Colonel's decision, though I think staying away from the Ball may well prove to be a mistake. Darcy is, afterall genearlly considered to be a man of action!

In this chapter im rather proud of Mr Bennet, sensibly attempting to look after his daughter, well done Mr B!

Elena and Renee I know that patience is a virtue, but I beg of you please reward my feeble attempts by posting another chapter soon!

Thanks again for another chapter in this puzzling story.

Oh Eli, thanks for the new chapter, i guess we are getting there (to Christmas i mean). I'm glad you posted on Wednesday and that the chapters are longer. We really can't get enough of your story.

Eli: I know you graduated and congratulations on that! Can you share what your degree is on?

Dear Jess.
I would suggest your going back in the story a bit, for you to remember what has already happened. Remember this is a flashback, so most probably you will find all the answers to your suggested course of action already in chap 1 and 2.
I agree with you, dear Mr Bennet is doing a fine job Fortunately he will have problems to check a certain gentleman that is coming to Netherfield for the celebration of Christmas!

Geo,
So you second Jess, eh? Well, Poor LC is just doing what she has been brought up to do.Her behaviour makes one wonder how many things one does without questioning its righteousness, or who decided that that course of action was the right thing to be done. Even in our century, people keep doing things just because it is natural and expected that they should do them.Like getting married, have children follow a family career,etc, etc, only to find in the long run they have not done what they really liked.I take a lot of pity on these people. LC is only a victim of society, mind you.

Lorena.
The posting can only be blame on Renee's whimsicality, my dear. She is very busy lady, so she post whenever she has a little time. Do not be so hard on her. I promise chaps will be long from now on and with the usual regularity. Will that do?
Jess.
Oh yes! I do enjoy myself with your suffering!!

LOVED Mr Bennet.I really liked the fact that they are soo close that he can tell she's still in love with Mr Darcy
I loved him even more with the 3 mounth engagement yes just enought time for the Cornel to get sent away to war for a very long time.
Lizzy is sooo confused at the moment she need to make a clear descision.
I really looking forword to c Darcy and Lizzy at Netherfeild i think its going to be fantastic
I really can't wait for the next chapter
Niketa

Thank you Niketa.
I must confess I am very much excited,too. I am living this story as if it was actually happening!Colonel Fizwiliam is suffering a lot. Poor thing. Don't you just feel like hugging him a bit?

Well, I say 'three cheers for Mr. Bennet'!!! What refreshing insight he is displaying into the heart of his daughter.

I do believe that Lizzy loves the Colonel but not in the way he deserves to be loved. Nobody should have to 'settle for' and/or be someone's consolation prize. Neither the Colonel nor Elizabeth deserve that fate.

What I want to know is when is Georgiana's coming out party? That seems to be the pinnacle of Darcy and Elizabeth's relationship in the context of the flashback portion of this story. I can only imagine what life will have been like for all the Bennets with not one, but two disgraced daughters....As for Lizzy, such heartache on so many levels cannot help but alter her in some way. 5 long years in disgrace and rejection. What is this Lizzy made of?

You really moved your story forward with this chapter Eli. Excellent, excellent work.

Rita,
I am not worthy of such praise. Thank you anyway. I agree with you that this definitely is a very important chapter. But the juicy thing is coming out next week.I can hardly wait for next wednesday or whenever Renee finds time to post chap 10. Meantime I have noticed there are a good number of new authors. Let us just peep over there, shall we?

Your story is so sad at times and this last chapter was one of those times. I feel so sorry for the Colonel, but by the same token I feel sorry for Darcy and Elizabeth. I hope that the Colonel and Elizabeth make the right decision not to marry. Does he really love her? I wonder. Thank you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10