Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

I am really enjoying this story...please post more more more
I am glad Mr. Bennett is putting a delay on the marriage...I don't want Lizzy hurt but I cant imagine her with anyone else but D..
please let the voice at the gazebo be Lizzy!
If FW backs out it will destroy Lizzy, if he moves forward it will destroy Darcy..This will not do!
answers answers answers

Oh yes, Mo. You shall see how much Colonel Fitzwilliam loves Elizabeth very soon.But he loves his family almost as much. At times Darcy looks up at him like a son to his father, and at times it is all the way about.
I agree with you that sometimes LCT is a very sad story. But you guys seem to like angst anyway. So do not complain!Later on things will run smoothly for a little while, I promise.

uy, uy , uy Theresa. It is still a long way to the voice in the gazebo.There are so many things to happen before that!! I am happy you are intrigued, though. Suspense also kills me when I am reading a story...

Well, Mr Bennett you do surprise me !!!!!!
Will Lizzie be willing to wait three months?
I am really enjoying your story Eli.......

Thanks Sandra. I am glad you like it,really enjoying writing it myself.
I did not expect Mr Bennet's role to have become so crucial, but it seems he has all the right to counsel his daughter, has he not?

Eli,

This is the best (I hope) Mr Bennet that ever been potrayed!!!!Yeah....delay..delay...I am being a saint here...waiting patiently......where is the light...is the tunnel very lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng Eli???

Not much dear Ima.
Problem is that it might be a rather treacherous tunnel, if you know what I mean. .
Patience is one of the nine gifts of the spirit...together with faith.

Eli !
How do you enjoy just to torment us all ! Darcy, Elizabeth, readers...all except your beloved Col (for now - I guess that his 'comeuppance' will come as well ?)

I have been away for a while (mid-term holidays prolonged...LOL) - and just caught up with the story !(didn't you miss me at all, you or Renee ?)

I hope the three months will proove deadly for the patience of all those implicated. It is also such a loooong time - things could happen...
I loved Elizabeth's musings....
And now waiting for the next seance of Eli-sadism...

Oh chere, I missed you sooo much. I was wondering what might have happened to you, since I missed your comments. I knew you liked LCT a lot, but I thought that asking you why you had not said anything might have sounded pretty egocentric, don't you think? Anyway, I had just made up my mind to email you privately.Next time you are leaving , let us know, will you? Where did you go? Did you read LCT while you were away?
You did not? Okay. Now you will have a lot to catch up with. So you found it a torture, eh? Wait to see what comes next. I am warning you...
Good to hear/read/see from you again.
Eli

Ma tres chere Eli,

I have missed you as well !
You are right - I will announce my next depart to all..:-)
Like this you can save all tormenting-Darcy chapter for that period and post them all in my absence....LOL
Why do I get the impression that you won't do it ?!

So, you as well, are trying to freighten me ? This is a conspiration... HELP, Renee...

Why do you need to write so beautifully about making Darcy and E lizabeth suffering ? *sighing*

Hi Elena, I'm still enjoying the Colonel he is so amiable, I just love him. And at the end of Chapter 9 my heart went a flutter when we found out that Darcy was going to Netherfield. Will he steal a private moment with Elizabeth, a kiss, or something more. Oh please don't let us wait to long.

Oh Julia. You astonish me!!! Would you like the colonel to mess around a bit? Indeed he will. He is going for the cherry, mind you!!!

It rests to see who climbs the tree first!!
You cannot imagine how nice is to have found another Richard Fitzwilliam's fan. We are three so far!!! You have made my day!!
Anyone interested in joining us?

Yeh Elena lets see Fitz go for it with dignity of cource. Have fun writing Eli

Sorry Eli, I am still not on board with the Fitzwilliam...

Anyway, didn't he already make his choice when he decided not to accompany Elizabeth to the XMAS celebrations? And why would he not go knowing that she would see Darcy? Why would have be willing to let her go that easily. Is he a tard or something?

BTW, I love this story. It definitely makes us think about what's coming next.

No, my dear.Colonel Fitzwilliam is not what you suggested (I do not dare repeat it)Far from it. You forget that both him and Mr Darcy are honourable gentlemen incapable of improper behaviour. Furthermore, Darcy is married.Fitzwilliam knows of Darcy's love for Elizabeth , therefore he does not fear Darcy will do anything that may harm her reputation, mind you! On top of it, he trusts Elizabeth loves him dearly.

Never mind you are not with us. I am sure that in the chapters to come, there will soon be more fans of my dear, dear colonel.

Ladies!! Christmas is getting closer... Get your socks ready! (especially those crazy-about-Darcy girls!!)Pere Noel has a beautiful present for all of you.Have you all been behaving yourself lately?

Eli, I've got my socks and have been very good. I'm ready and waiting so Bring it on....

Good for you Julia. Be on the alert!!

After a few problems with bravenet... again... I managed to upload Eli's new chapter. Enjoy!

Oh Eli,
You are such a tease! That was just wrong...W R O N G! To leave off on such a cliffhanger! Now we have to wait a whole week to find out what Darcy whispered in Lizzy's ear! Oh be still my heart, I think I will need medication before we get to the end of this story! But great chapter! Can't wait for the next one or possibly maybe two at a time? Oh well you can't blame me for trying!

Yes, of course you would leave it there. You are such a tease. I have always thought that Bingley's character would be as you wrote him. I have never seen him as a passionate man, maybe he is just too naive. I would like to know what Darcy whispered to Lizzy and I hope you will tell us in the next chapter. I have also never seen Darcy's character as an over imbiber but I think it might fit your story very nicely. Keep up the great work and I will try to be patient waiting for your next chapter. Thank you so very much. Mo

Oh Eli, That was too cruel to leave us hanging with one word ( OH! ) like that. I tell you though, you could make it up to us with another chapter tomorrow What do you say?

Well Eli, you outdid yourself! This story keeps getting better and better. How many chapters does it have? When you said Elizabeth would have some fun, did you mean now? I hope you can relieve our suffering by posting another chapter soon.Thank you.

oh my! This just gets more and more interesting. Great chapter, loved Mr. Bennet and drunken Darcy. I am a little surprised at Elizabeths behaviour though.

Ladies,
Thank you for your kind words. At least, Mr Darcy IS going to have some fun. And you, too.
Indeed, you will have all next chapter and the next and the next full of Mr Darcy... And you will definitely get to know his words next time. I promise to send Renee two chapters for Christmas, okay?
Lorena. The story will have about 38 chapters, I guess. I have written till chapter 36, but I am sending the chaps for proofreading weekly.That is why I cannot promise two chapters in a row.It all depends on the dear lady who so kindly has offered to pr.

I too agree with you about Mr Darcy and his drinking problem. Fear not, eventually he will quit .
And as regards Mr Bingley, I dare say I have never liked the fellow.Such a weak personality...I truly believe dear old Jane deserves somone better, do you not agree?

You will find interesting to know that Christmas celebration including Twelfth Night, was prohibited in England in the 17th century due to the rather improper behaviour that was characteristic of the celebration...masks, alcohol, sex and the like.
So much for Pere Noel...
If Elizabeth was in such a party, one can only expect her to match the spirit. Besides, in the face of such a partner...well, who could blame her?

Eli, Eli, Eli...what a delightful chapter... I have to confess.. I do dread sometimes to read your story ..just in case the Colonel gets more advancement with our dear Lizzy although you did promise the light at the end of the tunnelll (yes yes ?? hope it will not happen only at chapter 38??)...But I really do like your Mr Bennett here...and oo gosh your Charlie here is as "naive" as a ??? poor Jane..I do agree with you ..she deserves somebody opposite to the her kind soul..like your "worldly" Colonel..what do you think???Eli...I love you...please post more soon ..or more frequent ???Reneeeee.....????

Fear not Ima! Our dear Eliza will have the most of both worlds. There is an idiomatic expression in the Martin Fierro, which is a kind of "Knight Tales", G Chaucer to us in Argentina. It reads as follows
A woman loving two men
Aint bad, but wise
She will surely have light,
should one candle light go out.
In Spanish reads as follows
La mujer que quiere a dos
No es mala sino entendida
Si una vela se le apaga
la otra queda encendida.

NO,NO,NO,No,NO!!!! That's not fair!!!! What did he say? What does he want? Aw come on, Do we need to wait a week? Hint please, Please, Pretty please with a cherry on top!

Loved it! Just keeps getting better and better! Great job Elena! I'm thinking he asked for a kiss but that would be so inappropriate. What if they get caught! Darcy is such a sweety when he's slightly imbibed. BUt He has to let her know why he married, um ...Anne. Yes he has to say something.

Sweety, Mr Darcy is a wolf. I do not think a kiss will suffice. He has already smelled the scent of a ripe cherry, if you know what I mean... And he is not slightly inebriated,..he can barely remember his name!!
Something will definitely happen next time. It is so unfortunate one shall have to wait a whole week! But the waiting shall be repaid! You'll see.

Aw! Eli, how you killed off our anticipation at the ending! I was so dying to know what he whispered to Lizzy...

I have to say Darcy's drinking problem is rather worrying, it seems to cloud his judgement and i can only hope he will not make an indecent proposal to Lizzy. But then again, at this stage, Lizzy also seemed to be throwing caution to the wind and go with her feelings. What a night it's going to be!

And now Jane, that was a surprise you threw in about her unhappiness! Are you going to develop another storyline from there too?

Are you going to develop another storyline from there too?
What d'you think? Would you like that?

I wouldn't mind that at all! Esp when Jane is such a dear sister to Lizzy. Since you have already brought in about her unhappiness, got me started thinking whether she'll find connubial pleasure, how Charles will improve on his performance at the end of your story! Plus if the whole 38 chapters are solely about Lizzy flitting betw the 2 gentlemen, I'm not sure whether my poor heart can take all the angst

A freakin week...A freakin week. Wait, did I already say that?

Unlike Mo, I do not want to have patience. And I really do not wait to wait another freakin week to read another chapter when you leave it like that!!!

You did a great job Eli in showing their chemistry...

No, no, no, you cant stop there! How shall I face another week waiting to see if Bingley learns any new tricks , ok, ok, so I want to know what Darcy said too.

Bingley is a weak little fellow, and Jane does deserve better - though I never really trust those placid even tempered types. Perhaps the poor old boy will happen apon Darcy wowing his favorite lady. The shock may, er spur him into action!!!

Someone needs to sort Bingley our, or dear Jane need a distraction....hmmmm, if Darcy wins Elizabeth then the Colonel will be going spare, and he is a man who strikes me as knowing what to do.

Your a crule woman to keep us waiting for so long, but hey, if you got the power you might as well use it!

though I never really trust those placid even tempered types
Still waters run deep...I know, I know... Yes, Jane is definitely someone who deserves better.
What is it that you suggest?

I'm no Jane or Bingley fan. He's a wimp and she is unaturally angelic (and therefore must in fact be a serial killer!) But I wouldnt like to see anything too macarb in your story, but we could have a very naughty Jane. Then while I like your Colonel I do yearn to see Darcy and Elizbeth together. So the Colonel needs a pretty woman to distract him from Elizabeth, who better than her randy sister Jane. Naturally this would not be great for Bingley, but really she is so naieve and so in ore of his wife I doubt if he would notice she had a lover. Hey presto, no more anguish in the bath for Darcy or the Colonel, and a very satisfied Elizabeth and Jane! The Colonel could then marry some drery socialite for the sake of money and connections but have a bit of romance on the side.

I was thinking that Darcy would be having his evil way with Elizabeth at this party, then I thought back to the beginning of the story and changed my mind, I so wich I didnt have to wait a week to find out.

You dont seem to like Bingley very much so I dont see you educating him in the bedroom department, though a drunken discussion between him and perhaps a dark horse Hurst could be very amusing. My guess, you wont be so kind. Bingley is a drip, and your mind is on greter men, Darcy and your beloved Colonel.

I doubt any of my musing will prove correct, your twists beat me, but hey, its fun to have a guess.

Really Eli, that was rather cruel of you to stop the story there...
For me it was a bit difficult to imagine the "always-sober-selfconscious-restraint" Darcy emptiing his friends decanter of brandy. But I can pretty well understand his present state of despair, when seeing his Lizzy again - it is hard to bear without a good brandy...
As I DO rely on your perfect power of conception and writing skills, I belive that the next week's chapter is worth of waiting - BUT DO NOT KEEP US WAIT TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!

Ok Eli,
Since like I said earlier that you are a BIG tease, I decided to go back and re-read the beginning chapters and although I wouldn't mind seeing Jane with someone other than Bingley, we clearly saw them come together to Darcy when his wife dies. It also mentions Darcy wondering about Lizzy's marital status and he seems to recall about 2 or 3 years earlier, his wife and mother-in-law calling Lizzy a spinster, so my conclusion is the Col will get the draft since his proposal is occuring about 5 years earlier than his wife's death. So, since doing my investigating, since I have nothing better to do while waiting a whole WEEK before we find out what Darcy said to Lizzy, I have come to hope that #1- I would so love Darcy to take Lizzy and be too drunk to really remember it, so in fact he would think he has been innocent these 5 years of marriage and think that he is saving Lizzy from making a mistake (at Georgianna's ball)when Lizzy remembers and wants more but feels rejected! #2 Although I am someone found of your Col. Fitzwilliam, I do not want to see him hurt but I think something bad is going to happen to him, but I know his heart is already broken after Darcy's confession. #3 I think all this talk about Jane not having anyone to discuss marital relations with since her dearest confidant is Lizzy and still a maid, if Lizzy looses her maidenhood then she could talk to Jane and give some pointers! There problem solved! Anyway, great story Eli and I so look forward to next week, oh how I wish it was Tuesday already!
Brandy

Scandalous!!! LOL Darcy is off his chain and in pursuit of his heart's desire. Normally I would not find a drunken man appealing but I am in total sympathy with Elizabeth, he is irresistable! What a shame that he can only express himself while under the influence of spirits. The talk that will result from tonight. Tsk. Tsk. I hope enough of the locals will have imbibed sufficient spirits themselves not to judge Lizzy too harshly. Four dances in a row (one of them the WALTZ!) with a married man! I am positively drooling for the next chapter.

You are a wonderous author, Eli!

Oh Brandy, you are much better at this guessing thing than me, what wonderful ideas. Mind you, would Lizzy's knowledge really help Jane all that much, imagine, Jane's info coming from an incompetent Bingley and Elizabeths coming from a drunken Darcy, geez the mix would be like something out of a panto. For as much as I respect Darce, if he is *that* drunk, will he not loose some of his usual finesse??!! Still at least we have a game to play while we wait a WHOLE WEEK for an update!

Elena, your writing really is something.

So the Colonel needs a pretty woman to distract him from Elizabeth
I would so love Darcy to take Lizzy and be too drunk to really remember it, so in fact he would think he has been innocent these 5 years of marriage and think that he is saving Lizzy from making a mistake (at Georgianna's ball)when Lizzy remembers and wants more but feels rejected!

Lisa and Brandy. Your ideas are amazing!I will take careful notes of your musing!!
So Brandy you have been doing your homework! Well done. Now your investigation will clear many doubts, won't it?

As I DO rely on your perfect power of conception and writing skills, I belive that the next week's chapter is worth of waitin
Thank you Sheila. I garantee it is well worth the while waiting.

Rita
Indeed they were drunk!!Spirited drinks and licentiousness were hallmark in this type of celebrations. Have you ever read Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"? Of course, one would expect a Twelfth Night Ball at Netherfield Park to be a respectable assembly. Nonetheless, being "Twelfth night" , masks and all, certainly no one would pay attention to what the others were doing; unless, like in Mr Bennet's particular case, (poor man), one had a reason to do so.

Eli, ma cherie !
This was the most delightful chapter until now (and I get great hopes for farther ones... , the ones dealing with 'after 5 years' )!

I have to admit that this is exactly how I imagined Bingley sexual life and poor Jane's wedding night - sorry for those who love B and J ...

And I simply adored the tipsy Darcy ... Of course,if this wouldn't become a habit (but I had the pleasure of your acquaintance for long enough to know that you find great enjoyment in making Darcy to behave uncharacteristically )

And - speaking if the cherry - you had placed on the top with this ending.
Is this to be the scandalous proposition we hoped (Renee, are you at least with me in this ?)? (tsk, tsk, how naughty of me !)

Waiting eagerly for the next chapter, Eli !

Eli,

I really love your story but am a little distressed to hear that it is 38 chapters!! As much as I love you writing the suspense is just too much already! I can't imagine waiting that long to see it all resolved!

I love to hear all the mussings as to what might happen I personally have always amused it would be intresting to see what would happen if they did get together and produce a little darcy!

My chere,
So Mr Darcy is behaving in quite an uncharacteristic way.It seems ladies wish he will have the courage to unleash his pent up emotions. But you know better than the rest, don't you, chere? It will be so much better if he were at least a bit romantic...And you know very well there is another contestant for the cherry.

Oh Cheril, friend.
Just at this stage I cannot possibly make they sooo active!!But, dream on. Search the sky for a wishing star. Your dream may come true...

Auuughhhhhh! You have left us all hanging Eli! Please please please post the next installment soon..

38 chapters?!

I will be counting down the days til Christmas, maybe we will see the end of your story then? That means you have to post very often hehehe :) j/k!

Ok, Mel.
What do you propose? Will I shorten your suffering if the story were shorter? I doubt it.
I guess you people will have a story to read during your cold winter cuz I believe the last chapter will be posted in April!!! But if you think about it, many stories have been posted monthly and even some of them yearly. So you have no cause to complain!!!
After all, this is hardly the only one to read in this beautiful site.Have a you had a try at the beautiful story July wrote? I just loved that!!So sweet!!I fell in love with that young Darcy head over heels!!
Tell you a secret. I am already writing another story, which I hope Renee will upload (if she so wishes, she is Mistress of this site, I am a mere humble retiner)once it is already finished. (I do not send a story unless it is almost finished)
Cheer up. I am sure a long story with a lot of angst is always welcome, provided it contains proper release

Ohhh my goodness, that ending surprised me very much!!! I can't wait to find out what Mr. Darcy told Elizabeth! Fantastic writing, Eli!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10