Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Ohh, Renee. I just love this picture of Colin Firth. Thank you!

="content-type">

If only... poor fellow... He will
have to face his destiny, after all
he laid his own bed...now he will have to sleep in it

Oh, Eli, if only is he sleeping it it all ALONE... and pining Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It would be 3 years... but can we skip them as well ?
Though I suppose there would be things happening to Elizabeth - and as cruel as you are , are you having her again entertaining suitors ?Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well... I guess, I can only do some cheering:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sad chapter, Eli...post more soon, please !

Cruel, am I? All I do is for your entertainment...Tell, me dear friend. What is it that you wish me to write?
I promise no more suitors...is that okay? Two is enough. Don't you think?

Uh-oh. Since Lady Catherine knows, she'll be the one to ruin Lizzy's reputation, won't she?--even though nothing more will happen between L&D (for 3 years)? It's certainly to her advantage to make the truth known. Public knowledge of Darcy's indiscretion would make it impossible for him to get a divorce, even if Anne continued to deny him his conjugal rights. And besmirching Lizzy would also prevent her from appearing in society---essentially removing her from Darcy's universe.

Too bad the man was so crazed to forget himself and his principles (can anyone say 'Wickham'?) and, as Lizzy said, too bad he was such a coward not to approach her again after Lydia's marriage. It should have been obvious that Lizzy, knowing the history of Wickham and the Darcys, should be embarrassed by having Wickham in the family. Darcy certainly has never been rational in his thinking about her (thought she loved him when she hated him, thought she hated him when she loved him). I don't know, he seems so out of it that I tremble for the fate of Pemberley in the hands of such an unstable character.

Here's hoping the 3 years pass quickly. (But of course, you're going to torture us with Lizzy's social ruin first, aren't you )

Cheers,
Margaret

Good chapter. Poor Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy! Will things turn around after chapter eighteen? I hope so.

Susie Q

Renee THANKS for posting another chapter so quickly but of course, never satified...need more!

Eli - this chapter breaks my heart...some of your descriptions were absolutely beautiful but yet, sooo sad for both of them. I feel Aunt C will blackmail Darcy somehow and that's why he continued to stay married - maybe threatening to keep it a secret so as to NOT destroy Lizzy's rep, if he stays with Ann
I HOPE Aunt C doesn't talk Ann into meeting her wifely duties and him taking her up on it....NO NO NO! You cant do that to me! And still there is the Col....Darcy would know if she marries....still sooo many questions, more more more chapters please...

Dearest Margaret,
Fear not. I am no torturer. You will see three years can pass in the blink of an eye.
As Mr Darcy said, LC will not do much. She is , after all, a Fitzwilliam, and the head of the family is her brother the Earl. She will not dare say a word about this affair unless the Earl consents to it.No, dearest. Darcy's problems come from another direction, if you know what I mean. Quite unexpected, I dare say.

I agree with you. When it comes to Elizabeth, Darcy can lose his composure, can he not? But you will see he is the same honourable man when she is not around...

Susie:
Thanks for following LCT. I can see that people respond to angst much better than romance. Strange, isn't it?
Theresa,
Oh, thank you, dear T. Glad you like the prose. Unfortunately, there are still two chapters more full of angst before something nice happens again. Do you think you will be able to tolerate so much sadness?

ELI, NO NO NO I CANNOT WAIT - have pity, maybe a couple of chapters posted at the same time, Renee, how about it! I know much work but believe me many of us would greatly appreciate it! I am a great lover of mysteries...but I cant imagine...maybe Bingley, maybe his sister, I am quite befundled!!! you are so clever, give me more hints..

Oh, I wish I could oblige you, dear. But, my editor is a writer herself and , although she is a very kind lady, she just does not have time to proofread more than one chapter at a time. You know LCT chapters can be quite long at times...
More clues? I have already given you plenty...[
Detective] Mmmm... Let me see... What else can I tell you without disclosing too much?It is something any other man would have found quite natural!But not Mr Darcy!
If you are still clueless, just wait.It is only one week!

I will have to think some more as to your reply...
And I do greatly appreciate each and every posting as
I am sure it is more work. My compliments to you both.....but I am so hooked! I am leaving now and will attend to my thoughts and try to make out where this is headed.

Eli

Are you hinting that Anne will decide to be compliant after all? Lady C probably tells her about Darcy's dallying with Lizzy, so jealousy might be enough to make her change her mind. If so, POOR MAN!!! That may be enough to make him impotent (temporarily).

Or will Darcy get some grief from the Bennet family?Mrs Gardiner is smart enough to figure out what's happening between him and her niece and she'd probably tell her husband. I expect they'd feel obligated to tell Mr. Bennet, who, knowing the depth of Lizzy's feelings & how dangerous they are, would have no trouble yanking her back to Meryton, away from London.

Or does a servant blab to the gossip columns? An earlier chapter seems to indicate that there was a scandal.

It is so weird that we're all anticipation for the opportunity to be tortured with well-written angst next week & the week after. Is it because the third week will give us the relief of ceasing to beat our heads against the wall??

Margaret

It is so weird that we're all anticipation for the opportunity to be tortured with well-written angst next week & the week after. Is it because the third week will give us the relief of ceasing to beat our heads against the wall?

Gee, thanks. I hope next chapter will give you, guys, just that!
I confess Margaret, you hit right on target. I cannot tell you which of the three guesses was the right one. I will let your imagination run... Still...Great shot!

"Suddenly he kneeled in front of her and seized her legs. "I beg you, Elizabeth, do not tear us apart."

I love this line! I thought of it all day!
How desparate can some guys get! I have 4 brothers and I haven't witnessed this display yet! All I keep saying is great job of writing! Your story is great, don't keep changing it to make everyone happy. Tell your story, the way it was in your mind...

Ahh, Roberta. Come, come. Do not be naive. Of course I tell the story the way it is written. Just let them think I do change it, okay? From time to time I do make some adjustments, though.Sometimes readers alert me on mistakes or even contradictions.Or sometimes they come up with great ideas!
Well.
I would have never imagined you would have found that particular scene to your liking.Whether you laughed at it or cried with it,I am content to know that it moved you to sth.You see. One never knows.
Thanks for your words.
I hope you also enjoy next chapter as much!

Hello my friend! I might sound naive, but I am just trying to stick up for you! I have to let you know someone is with you 100%
I felt sorry for him having to gravel and beg! I could picture him kneeling and grabbing her legs. Ha! It was sad and funny at the same time! I could also picture him looking at his glass and having a real temper tantrum! (p.O'd in the highest degree) Good job of making the picture so clear...

This chapter made me realize how immature Darcy is and how unready he is for Elizabeth. I think 3 years will be long enough for him to grow up. I can't wait!

ROBERTA.
YOU KNOW NOT HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS .
I know you are 100000 percent with me and with this story, that is a bit yours , too.
I hope you realised I was teasing you.

Kayak.
D'you really think so? Inmature because he begs, because he got angry or because he wants a divorce? Perhaps you are right. Still, men at Darcy's time, at least honourable men, were at large at a disadvantage as regards what to do with their own lives if compared with a man of our time. They had been born to follow conventional wisdom.

Margaret, I have no time today to re-read from the beginning but I think that we have learnt at the very beginning that Darcy and Anne NEVER consummed their marriage actually.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Eli, don't be so cruel, ma cherie, and confirm at least that !
I suppose we won't have another post before the New Year's Eve... so
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
to you all !
And to Mrs Darcy, of course.

Very good Mihaela.
You really have done your homework.
As regards posting, I suppose you won't.I will do my best, but I believe everyone will be too busy celebrating NY to remember to have a look at any story. Besides, my very own Mr Darcy is coming home after a whole month abroad. I'll see what I can do, nonetheless.You know posting depends entirely on my beautiful beta lady and our kind hostess, Mrs Darcy.But I promise an updating first thing next year at least.
Thank you for the NY wishes.Lovely.

How can I say that you have touched my heart to read those words! We may be miles apart, but it is always good to know you have friends far away! Funny ones at that
Keep up the good work and Feliz ano juevo!?

Immature because he got angry and threw his glass just because things didn't go his way. Wanting to blame everyone else for his problems rather than himself. And not caring of Elizabeth's feelings or the consequences of his actions.

Those are pretty good reasons for being immature, i think...

OH Eli, I am about to explode with pent-up emotions over the last 2 chapters, especially this last one. Now tell me how many of you ladies out there could let a man like Darcy get away without fullfilling your every desire, NOT ME..... Now Lizzy has a darn good reason for not wonting to stick around. Yes I know how it could most likely have put her in a most compromising position. But come on know, people back in those days were not all so goody goody. And Lizzy having let things get along as far as she did and too not have given Darcy a little push, so to speak Oh Eli if they don't end up together it will not bother me for they have both ticked me off most effectively. Yes I know I am in a bad mood and I will probably look back on it toworrow or the next day with remorse. But one thing I am most sure of, is that you Ms. Eli, are a very clever and talented writer and I just love how you respond to our comments and keep us hyped-up. And for that you deserve this Keep up the good work and Happy New Year to you and your Mr. Darcy.

Wow
what a powerful update.
I cannot believe he stopped - and didn't take her innocence - what a man.
He is so torn - wow !!!!!!!

Julia
You have certainly not made my day , but my year with that lovely comment about my "skills".Certainly I cannot think of a better way to end up this beautiful year.
I agree with you. (I think I will write a second version of LCT, one without the preasure from this canon thing and let words flow as I really think they should)It is hardly conceivable to let Elizabeth marry someone else, and I must confess that those stories where she marries Richard have tore my heart. But it is a possibility, is it not?
Darcy is definitely a great character. Our Darcy , the one we have all nourished in our souls, the perfect lover, the most handsome, rich and always available man for ever in yearning love for his wife.Mmmmm Yes, I agree with you. Have any of us been Elizabeth, we would have been under the covers by now....

Sandra,
You know not, you can scarcely conceive how difficult it was for me to have him stop there!!!

Well I am in the mood to thank you all dear friends, for having shared this year with me. You cannot imagined the beautiful time you have made me spent. You are all beautiful, caring and above all very respectful people who can enjoy sothing, and look away at the flaws.
SmileyCentral.comn

I think I can speak for us all that we are very happy to have such a radiant, sweet, enthusiastic and talented author in our midst.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us, my dear, and I wish you a very inspired new year.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

R~

Eli,

What a terrible but wonderful chapter! I mean they have shared something wonderfully special, although not fully, but they shared a connection! And to have a darn nosy maid ruin everything!

Well we knew it was going to happen didn't we!But to have Darcy follow Elizabeth to her aunt's house and practically beg her not to give up on him. Oh I am a little anxious to see what all occurs in the next couple of years before they can finally see each other!

Is our dear Col going to come back from the war? I can only imagine that Elizabeth has to confess all to the Col. but I also imagine that Darcy is not going to be sparred knowing about Elizabeth & Fitzwilliams engagment! Will he be furious? Will he be resentful towards Elizabeth or the Col.? So much to happen in so little time! Ok, so Ch 19 is THE chapter that brings us back to the garden, correct Eli? I can't wait but since you said there was like 30 some chapters total, I can only imagine the angst still to come after chapter 19!!!

Eli, Thank you again for a wonderful story! I hope you will post soon!
Have a Happy New Year!

Brandy

Well Brandy.
You certainly have a lot of questions, don't you?SmileyCentral.com
Honey, I hope chapter 19 will be ready to be posted firsst thing inSmileyCentral.com
But I am afraid there is a little more angst before the voice in the gazebo... one chapter only, ok?
Don't be mad at me...
Let me just reasure you...The colonel is certainly not gone for good.SmileyCentral.com

Delurking to add my first comment to this story.

Eli, you've really written a great story here, even though I have to admit I was a little confused by both Darcy and Lizzy in the beginning.

I loved all the love and mushy stuff in chapter 16, even though Darcy must have a will of steel. Poor guy.
Also, I have to mention that I thought it was wonderful that Darcy danced the waltz with Jane! Perhaps he can bring her out of her shell and show her what she's missing - in a purely brother-in-law mode, of course! I wouldn't want you to get any ideas about adding any more suitors...

Anyway, I'm quite surprised by my own reaction to chapter 17, but I was actually really relieved and happy that they broke it off (whatever it was) at this point. Both of them need to take a serious "time-out" and think about what they really want and how they're going to get it before they do anything else. Therefore, kudos for all the angst!

Also, could you please send the Spanish chapters of LCT to me as well? Thanks!

Thank you Kreidy.
Jane is coming out soon...wait and see. As regards the angst...there will be lots of angst in the chapters to come...SmileyCentral.com
I promise there will also be lots of mushy scenes.SmileyCentral.com
I will be sending you the story in Spanish asap.
besos
Eli

Kreidy.
Did you receive chap 1 of "Dos Veces No Debo"? If not, please send me an Email to the email address that appears in the forum under Eli. Thanks

Elena, I reread this story over the weekend as I have been confined to a chair with a bad back, and humbled, probably because of my pain, and I am ready to read on. Hope to here from you and Renee soon.

Julia,
I hope your back gets well soon. As soon as the sweet lady who kindly proofreads LCT sends me chap 18 I will send it straightaway for Renee to post. I also spent the weekend re reading my favourite stories.SmileyCentral.com
It seems we bvelong to the same club!!

Oh wow! I just read the 2 chapters in one swoop! Such pleasure, then angst and pain for the couple...how i wish there's a fairy godmother for them ....

I am curiously pondering on the obstacles now, is it Colonel's return? Or is it that the rumour has spread and Lizzy is confined to be a scandalous woman? I think Eli, you did mentioned in the 1st few chapters that Lizzy was staying with the Bingleys' after the scandal right?

And more angst the next chapter?! oh dear!!

Thanks Geo,
It really was pretty dificult for sb like me who loves Darcy so much to deprive him of happiness and love...but I guess it could not be helped. I am always at odds on whether to allow him some pleasures or not...SmileyCentral.comUNFORTUNATELY , I must confess there are still some chapters until he will live happily ever after...Get ready for some angst in the next posting...but some fun , too.

Chapter 18 is up. Enjoy, my dears!

Very interesting chapter...I felt for poor Darcy. I very much enjoyed the references to The Age of Innocence...very appropos. So Anne will leave him alone now...the Colonel still loves Elizabeth. Please let Darcy and Elizabeth have some happiness soon, and I hope that Elizabeth will not resign herself to marriage to Richard, or will it all be out in the open now?

Thanks Dana...Anne was inspired in May Welland, Archer's wife in the movie, so suffering yet so selfish. I guess things can only get better for some now. There is no way they can get worse...or is there?

As long as Darcy doesn't end up reacting as Newland did in the end, I'm okay...

Oh Eli, that was greatness! Boy, he scared Anne off now did he? Too funny...

Is the next Chapter the "present" or is it the following chapter? I just can't seem to wait any longer!

No way, Dana! Darcy will be Darcy.Poor Archer was too innocent...

Kayak:
I will tell you the name of the following chapter: "The Voice in the Gazebo" Does that answer your question?SmileyCentral.com

Well Eli, for better or worse three years have passed. Thank God! I am hoping for better, i really think Mr. Darcy deserves some action. You have 14 chapters to make it up to us your faithful and devoted readers. I have so enjoyed the bedroom scene with Anne, you have no idea (just having Fitzwilliam ask the valet for roses and oranges had me in stitches). At least Lady Catherine performed some service for Darcy in dying at such an opportune time, sure puts a damper on all this romance. Well my dear please, please have pity on us and give us some happy Elizabeth and Darcy news.

Cripes, that was a good chapter. Loved the way he was willing to do his 'duty' with Anne but then scared her off with the size of his 'pride'. Fantastic. I shall be sorry that Anne dies though, she has become quite human in this chapter. Tis a pity she could not have become quite so nice earlier on in their marriage then maybe he wouldn't have suffered as much over the years. But then he wouldn't have done what he did with Elizabeth and the plot would be all different. Tut.

I love this story, I can't wait to see what happens next and that clue is enought to make me wish some time away. Keep up the good work, don't tarry too long with the next installment!

Soph

Lorena
Indeed, I find this particular scene exceedingly funny, too.It seems taken from an Italian film!I laughed every time I read it, and I read it quite a lot to make corrections.
There is a great annecdote with the word "squash". It seems "squash" is a kind of long pumpkin in American English, while in British English it is "juice"
So the American lady who is proofreading got a completely different meaning to Darcy's request for "Orange squash" SmileyCentral.com

Oh Soph.
I am overwhelmed!SmileyCentral.com
Indeed. Anne must die...this cannot be changed because it has already been established like this from the very beginning. I can still marry her to Richard if you want to...SmileyCentral.com

NO!!!! No, Anne can die and Darcy must wed Elizabeth, that is the way of it.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead! I, too, feel sorry for Anne. How altered her life could have been had she a different mother to encourage and love her rather than control her. And experiencing her first stirrings of feminine attraction to a man when she is in her mid-thirties seems tragic...what a shame.

My heart goes out to the Colonel for the horrors he witnessed in the war...I'm not sure that someone can truly recover from that type of long term trauma. I hope that he will find some peace and happiness.

I say Anne can die, Richard can find someone else and Darcy and Elizabeth can be happy as they say in spanish "el papel aguanta" (you can write anything!) as i am sure our authoress would agree.

7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16