Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Lorena touche'. I have to admit, as much as I love Darcy and I have admitted on here that I am not a Richard fan, I do admire Richard's aggressiveness in this story.

It kinda reminds me of Jan's story "An Arranged Marriage" where Darcy will not help Jane and Bingley get back together because he says that Bingley doesn't deserve her if he doesn't want to fight for her.

So it makes me not feel so sorry for Darcy in this story. If he would have fought for her in the beginning, he wouldn't have lived these last five years in...

Eli, guess we will see if Darcy decides to become a man and fight for Elizabeth this time! Can't wait to see!

Oh!! Yes!... Jan's fantastic story! How much I have suffered(I looooooved it) It was the second story I read of PP FF. I concur with the idea that Bingley does not deserve the love of such a beautiful woman, though Jane is not considered very brilliant, she is sweet and loyal. Mmm... that might be the reason why my Jane is all the way around, sweetness notwithstanding! But Bingley is definitely an undeserving creature.
So that will make of us three infatuated Richard 's fan. Anyone else who would like to join us?

Pst..I toldya!

Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice" Chapter 20

I am on the edge of my seat! I am not a Richard fan, especially in this story, since I am a hopeless Darcy+Lizzy fan, but I can't help thinking that they've both made enough mistakes and are entitled to some happiness, especially since Georgianna is so intent on having Richard for herself! Maybe Georgie can seduce Richard so he has to marry her and leave
Darcy and Lizzy to find eachother again!!I love the suspense, even tho it is killing me. Great story but please give us some love!

Frances.
Love for one at table 22. SmileyCentral.com

I presonally could never understand all the blame going to Darcy for Bingley abandoning Jane. He even asks if he has Darcy's blessing before proposing to her. I always thought that marriage to a man with such a weak character would ultimately be very unsatisfying. I know that they didn't have many prospects, and Jane does feel it's her duty to marry well, so I can see her future regrets as very realistic.

I am also perturbed with this Darcy as well. He goes off and marries Anne of all people. He could have had any woman in London, but settles for Anne, as if he did her a favor and doesn't even fight for the woman he loves. Weak. Don't get me wrong, he's still the man, but he, as well as Lizzy, have made so many mistakes that I hope they have matured and still can cherish eachother, especially when Darcy learns that she's been with his cousin.

I do like the Colonel's assertiveness in this story, and it's sad that Lizzy isn't his destiny, but Georgiana is pretty agressive herself, I say those two would heat up well together!!! Someone else thought Georgiana trying to seduce the Colonel could be comedic and I agree.

This story sure commands attention Eli. This is your first attempt? I think you've found your calling!! You should think about publishing your work!!

JTorres.
Darcy marries Anne in the manner a catholic nun makes her penitence. He does it because it is also what is expected from him, what society thought his duty.But would have married Elizabeth if she had accepted him. I do not think he is weak. He is proud, yes. That definitely is his fault. Too proud to ask twice until it was too late.
Colonel Fitzwilliam is so dear to me, I can hardly make him suffer...He has always been the good old friend, much as Jane has always been the good old Jane, the angel...I made my mind to change that a bit...

Eli my dear, you cannot stray from canon too much or else we will have to travel to Argentina and demand your head on a plater. I have a solution, write a modern pride and prejudice, where the definition of a gentleman and/or a lady is quite different and we, your devoted fans, will support your efforts. But we have a visceral need to see a happy ending. Afterall, this is one of the greatest love stories ever written. Please, please don't pair Jane up with Darcy, i think i will be sick . And make Darcy a little more determined in his efforts towards Elizabeth. Did i understand your coded message and chapter 22 will have more Lizzy/Darcy love?

Lorena

you cannot stray from canon too much
Indeed I can, and I will. Better still, I already did it, for the story has been finished for quite a long time. So if you mean it, I shall be waiting your visit in my beloved "pagos"

Afterall, this is one of the greatest love stories ever written

I cannot agree more with you. But this story (mine)is a piece of fluf, merely my musing, what I would have loved to see when I watched the movie or read the story(though I must confess my heart beats so quickly when I read the part in which they meet in the garden at Pemberley!)
I have never for the briefest of moments attempted to write a continuation of PP. What is more, not even thought of posting it, until Belen P suggested it.(Bless her)Someone started calling the register Regency (I had no idea what it meant) until Mrs aArcy kindly referred me to the topic. You can imagined I tried to make the changes but it was impossible to change all of it. You will find dates, customs, like weddings and wakes fairly atone with Regent ways, for I carried out a thorough investigation and changed whole pieces. But I could not change everything. So perhaps next time I will be more canon-like, though I do not think I could write modern. I run the risk of turning too explicit if I ever try!!So better stick to demure Regency style!

Pravo Eli!
I am sooo glad that you defined (again) Darcy for those who are straying away from who he really is (I think perhaps because your created Colonel whom I know you love and that's perfectly fine, he is certainly more at ease and loves Lizzy BUT Darcy IS Lizzy's great love, and yes, I know that he made mistakes in his pursuit of Lizzy and his sense of duty and honor but the man is proud NOT WEAK....that is exactly WHO HE IS (also in the original story)

SORRY, MEANT TO SAY BRAVO!

Ohh yes..You will soon see his "pride" at its best...

Darcy and Jane? It's an interesting idea in theory, but not in this story. This Darcy is too traumatised to help Jane with her problem.

I think this is the first story ever where I've actually found myself rooting for Jane more than any of the other characters combined. Please let Jane have her fun! Or will Georgiana ruin her plans?

Oh no. Darcy is hardly incable of bestowing pleasure upon a lady, dearest. Only he is too proper and romantic to do so upon someone he does not really love. He believes in true love and despises lust...Jane is a proper lady too...Be pacient... next chapter will throw more light...
Still I am glad the notion is not inconceivable to you.

Hey Eli
Thanx for the entertainment, I m enjoying it so much that I have to say something.
I the QUEEN of my thoughts declare that:

The glow from Jane will blind our dear Richard to ‘real’ love!
And dearly ‘departed’ Bingley will be conveniently and amiably … killed!
Poor Georgiana’s seduction technique will backfire, so instead of Richard seeing her ‘generous’ bosom it will be some ravishing looking young ……(that’s an entirely different story!!!!!)
And ofcourse our Darcy will eventually get his Lizzy. After all this torture, I wonder how he will cope on his wedding night – he might just faint from the exhaustion!!!

Dear K
We, Queen of story telling in Bs As declare that your guessing scores to
TWO OUT OF FOUR
Congratulations!!
And thanks for playing with us!!

So Richard may now understand that she no longer wants to marry him. I hope she has a chance to tell him, gently, that her heart belongs to another. Now Darcy is wondering who "William" is and if she has another man in her life. He signed the note he left for her "Fitzwilliam". Will she think it is from Richard and not show up? Will Ponsoby (sp) keep his mouth shut or will rumors separate them once again? I hope things get better for them very soon.

Thank you

Mo
Certainly Ponsonby would not dare spread any rumours. He is Darcy's manservant, son of Mr Ponsonby who had in turn been Darcy's father's manservant and now is butler at Rosings house.So his family has been at the Darcy's service for generations now...But his insights of what is going on are a source for our merriment, are they not?
As regards Fitzwilliam...He is not down and off the saddle yet

Was that a hint that Jane and Richard may be having an affair!!! That would be a very big shock. And the voice in the gazebo was richards, how funny, I'm sure we all thought it would be Lizzy.

They finally meet again. I wonder how it will go, is it smooth sailing for Darcy or are we in for some rough waters ahead (most likely the rough water, right )
The first meeting with Fitz and Lizzy seemed a little awkward but can't imagine it any other way. I have really taken a liking to your Colonel. I know its over with Lizzy but I don't see things working with Jane other than for a quicky one night stand, that noone can know about. Could Georgiana be the one or is someone else coming into the picture?

SOOOO many questions!!! I loved these last 2 chapters they were awesome.

Sorry I've been away for quite awhile, there was a death in our family which was very difficult for all of us to cope with. You see, our family has previously lost 4 in-laws (3 siblings + father) to cancer. The most recent being in September 2006. So, losing someone else to cancer only after being diagnosed less than a month ago was very hard to cope with. She was only 24 and a very lovely person who never had a cross word to say about anything or anyone. Mother of 2 very young and beautiful boys and wife to a man who adored her. The funeral was very sad and beautiful. Her husband got up and sang to her about how much he will treasure her and how deeply he will miss her. It was a most beautiful spanish song. We will all miss her deeply.

So sorry Jess for you loss. I understand how difficult it is to cope with death. It is our constant threat, is it not?

Well, I thank you for your words of appreciation. I guess there is a bit of rocking for this boat, but they will soon enter smooth waters for a while...
Stay alert...next chapter promises rather radical views as regards canon... Sorry. I just can't help it.

Eli, I guess all my quessing was for not. I think I will just sit back and enjoy the story, and what an interesting one it is. Can't wait for more. Thanks Eli

Indeed it ws, Julia.
I am afraid my evil mind surpasses all your pondering about it!! Yes, I accept I have quite a twisted and evil mind. You shall have to endure a lot...

Breathlessly barging in, just before leaving for work, to inform you, my dears, that chapter 21 of LCT is up. Enjoy!

Eli, I have just read this chapter AND AM IN TEARS...YOU CANNOT DO THIS!!!! She cannot lay with the Colonel, please tell me this is just a dream.....

A dream??? A nightmare, I daresay!

Renee, you are absolutely correct, A NIGHTMARE

Please Eli, you have given such hope to Darcy how could you write this, I'm am so dismayed, I truly expected more teasing but not this....it has thrown me into such despair!

¿Quien dijo que todo está perdido?
Come, come girls. Excert yourself. Nothing is lost yet, is it? Have faith...SmileyCentral.com

No, no, no, no. This cannot be happening. Please let this be a dream, but I am afraid that it is not. Their shadows casting onto the window and I'll just bet that they can be seen from the gazebo. What a tangled web. I only hope that Jane shows up at Richard's door at an appropriate moment to get Lizzy to her room. Dear Eli, what have you done?

This debacle calls for another chapter very, very soon, like tomorrow.

I agree with MO...another chapter quick!

I wish I hadn't eaten breakfast before reding this..

I am so glad everyone so far appears to have been as devastated as I am....it will comfort me in my shock...Eli, how could you do this!!! Darcy and Elizabeth will not make it through this action...

oh dear. you do delight in vexing us, Eli! Will Bingley have to defend Miss Bennet's honor and then be killed in a duel? I want a resolution to this comedy of errors. Soon! Pretty please?

I been reading this story in silence because the theme been so vexing, now I'm devesated
although you have told the other readers/fan that not all is lost, I doulbt Darcy would servive without dying once again.

Darcy always had his weakness as we know, his pride of rejection was they weekness, so I don't blame him for giving up, after all "a man who felt less, might speak more".

I like the Colonel, but not when he is paired up with Lizzy and this story is just really against Lizzy principle. She should have married Richard long time ago or stay away from Darcy, no matter the temptation.

I was devestated the first time when Richard declare their engagement silent & secret, and she let him into her chamber. What happen now? to be drunk and in his bed again???? What happen to the letter she was holding? This would be a good time for the two cousins to have everything out in the open, this would be the perfect time for Darcy to discover them (without the house knowing off course - no scandal please!) And this would be a good time for Elizabeth to get back to reality. She already realise who she love more, move on with the decision.

Elizabeth is such a user in this fiction, she uses Darcy to forget Richard and visa-versa. She shoudl suffer the most. As much as I hate this, but if she now marry to someone else beside the cousins, I would be happy, for Darcy.

Off course Richard is to blamed for many things, for getting in the way at first and for concealing things from his cousin. Richard should have confess when Darcy was still married, that why Richard would be the gentlement and Darcy could learn to forget and no one would be here.

Eli, please don't think i'm blaming you for anything, if you didn't come up with this plot, there wouldn't be a story this intriging to read and to complain about and to feel devesated and well react so much.

People, sorry if I sound like I let Darcy off too much, but here he really is just himself, any flawed in his character we already know.

by the way - it would be interest if Jane actaully have an affair with Richard, but then that would make Richard a ungentlement (two sisters!)

Darcy, please come and see Richard and break him up with Elizabeth!

Eli, please update soon

All i can say is OH NO!!!!
I'm so frustrated with Lizzy now! Why did she have to write the stupid letter and ended up on Colonel's bed ...

Eli & Renee, please post the next chapter quick! Please please please

Dana, you totally made me laugh sooo hard at my desk here at work. I am sure everyone was looking at me, like, dude, you are weird...anyway, i don't think anyone guessed that. can't comment now about it, i want to go and get sick.

Well...
I can say I kind of expected such reaction from you , girls! So you thought I was merely teasing, ha! You underestimated my POWER! Well, if you are suffering so much now, I do not know what will be of you next rendering.
I will tell the following. "The worst that could happen" is by no means at your reach to foretell... And this is what comes next...any ideas?
Chapter 22 consists in three headings: Part one: "Love me, love my cousin"... Part 2 "The Worst that could Happen", part three ..."Bliss"... So go ahead girls. Give it a try...

Eli, if the worst that could happen is Darcy finding them and giving up Lizzy please tell me now as I will have to find a substitute "reader" for the next chapter, I could not bear it!

I have just read Hanghu's comment and I found it so comical! SmileyCentral.com
I would have never read a stOry I found vexing my dear!!!It rerally takes all sorts to make a world.
Well, What can I say... If you really mean the story vexes you, I can only warn you that it will not change one bit. So if you found it preposterous so far, I wonder what you will feel like next week, when chapter 22 is posted!!
Dana, you are a crazy woman...SmileyCentral.com

Theresa,
"Happy ending" does not say anything to you?

Okay Eli by reminding me I do feel alittle better...

I really hate Richard at this moment in time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I know he's hurt and Lizzy going to kill him when he reads that Letter.
But OMG plz im begging u 4 Richard to be that gd man plz let him step away from Lizzy She is drunk!!I know hes a man and its going to take alot of control but plz
If Richard does have sex with her he has to marry her and i can't have that.It would b terible they would all be unhappy.

Im thinking Richard and Jane.Bingly dies hes not gd enought for Jane and Georgiana to much of a child for Richard.

I really want Darcy and Lizzy and Richard too really scream at one another beacuse they need to get it all out.Also the men need to let Lizzy choose properly beacuse its her happyness that counts.
As i was reading this im actually shakeing beacuse i dont want it too happen.I dont think i can take much more.
AS always waiting for the next post
Niketa

OMG, I think Darcy sees something from the gazebo, I have a bad feeling about this..........but I know you won't let the "worst" happen, I can't see that happening........now go ahead and tease me Eli, I know you will try and get me to think the Colonel takes "it" from Lizzy but I know it just can't happen. You aren't that "evil".

UGH!!! I am really distraught!! Sigh...........

Well Niketa.
That is what I call a reaction! I too can't wait to see your next at the oncoming posting...I dare say the clue to the following anguish is in that chapter...wait and see.

Also, it's very possible she dropped the letter she wrote to Richard in the hallway when she passed out leaving Darcy to find it! Maybe that is how he finds out!

UGH, I am sorta sick over this..........

M
I warned you...do not underestimate me, dearest. I know no limits by now. There's no stopping me!

you're killing me, that is all I have to say......you're killing me!

Elizabeth doesn't deserve Mr. Darcy!

See Eli what you have stired up! I know that is your intention. Mo, I disagree, I believe Lizzy is the one being used by the Colonel (now) and passed over by Darcy (initially) but I believe Darcy is the better since he did STOP the night of G's coming out party, NOW the Colonel SHOULD STOP, remember its' his dishonesty that led Lizzy to him in the first place, we cannot forget that (not matter how you partially paint him Eli) he fully knows Lizzy is drunk because he gave it to her....he should have carried her to HER bedchamber NOT HIS, I am so upset and possessed with this story, oh my!!

This is not my meaning. Honestly, Colonel Fitzwilliam is in love with her, deeply in love.He is helplessly gripped by the moment. He tried to stopped her , but she would not let him go... Lizzy is not manipulating anyone...Mr Darcy does deserve her. He has not been seducing her for nothing..all this training for naught, mind you.Hence, there will be a big, huge surprise awaiting him in a bedchamber...Mmmmm...can't wait...

WoW! What a cliff-hanger!!! Great job of making us all wait til next chapter I am on pins and needles!
Lizzy, is quite the woman! I would have never thought it would be so good, just like a novela!

I cant get your meaning because I am too confused and upset! This story has gotten to me more than any story I've read! You are a master!

12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21