Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

Eli,
First, I would like to thank you for having the story completed before you start posting. It is so disappointing to begin a great story and then realize that it is never going to be finished. Second, I agree with KayakChick. It's hard for me to feel sorry for the Colonel. I feel like he has been somewhat sly (a better words escapes me right now) from the beginning. What kind of man tells a woman to continue with her life after a year and then never tries to contact her. If he loved her that much, I would have thought that as the year was coming to a close, he would have done anything to get word to her. I know, he was a war and was probably not able to. Still, he needs to get over it now. He was quite impressed with Jane, wasn't he. That may be the twist. I can't imagine Jane doing something with Darcy or Darcy with Jane simply because they both love Elizabeth too much. I do hope it was Darcy's voice that Elizabeth heard. And don't forget, Georgiana has quite a thing for the Colonel. GREAT STORY!!!! I love reading everyone's comments. Thanks!!! Cindy

Cindy, Thanks for telling me your thoughts.
I must enlighten you a bit as regards Regency Customs. All the authors who attempt Regency writing, do a lot, a looottt of research before saying something. That is why, if you look at the website main page, you will see so many entries as regards that topic.
So,in those days, when an engaged man was to leave for war, it was accepted that the engagement must be absolutely broken.Engagement was almost the same as marriage.That is way this question of secretly engaged, so often used by Austen and her followers. Fitzwilliam had meant to postpone his engagement to afford Darcy sufficient time to get used to the idea he was a wedded man.He had not counted with the length of the war.
Correspondence with the peninsula was really cut off, and as F& E were not openly engaged they could not correspond openly. Still, no relative knew about him until he went back.
In the days of the Armada, it was only about 8 months later that Spain got the irrevocable truth of their been defeated, such was the poor correspondence the two enemies held.
So one cannot blame Richard. He is a man in love!Love makes us do as we are fools...Give our lives away for a happy day...
May be it is simply that I am so fond of the good colonel...

Oh Eli SmileyCentral.com You are so so so BAD. OK OK How much SmileyCentral.com would it take to allow me to finish reading this story? I promise I won't tell a sole what happens SmileyCentral.com. Yes you could say I am desperate, I don't know how much longer my poor nerves can take these cliffhangers before I fall over the cliff SmileyCentral.com myself. Oh thanks for the new smiley faces it took me 2 hours to finally figure out how to do this but it was worth it. julia

Hi dearie.. I have FAILED miserably ...I decided sometime ago to read your LCT when Renee has posted the complete story as I thought I can't take it,..all the twist and cliffhangers..but I failed...here I am readin your latest chapter.. Eli..yet another voice..I bet I will be dreaming about the mysterious voice for the next 7 days.... ...hmmm...Jane and the Colonel..he sure change his mind quite quickly though..then D & E can be dangerously alone..not Lady Cat and Anne...yippppeeee...pl Renee ..must we wait for a complete 7 days for another one...love you both...BTW ..is there a Caroline in here Eli...I don't care for a Wickham but a Caroline is kinda of fun..

H Julia. This will not do.SmileyCentral.com
You can always start writing on your own like I did when I grew too impatient...Who knows ...perhaps you are hiding a writer desperate to pop out!!!

Okay. This is what I will do. I will tell you the names of the Headings of the next three chapters for you to guess the content...
The next Chapter, nº 20 is called " Women in Black";
nº 21 is called "The Worst that Could Happen" and nº 22 "The Unread Letters". There , know I leave you to bite your heels!

Oh Ima... You should know better, dear. Men will always be men. They can be madly in love with you but still have eyes. Richard does not love Jane or Georgiana...he simply has eyes. They are beautiful ladies, but for the time being that will be all. Richard loves Elizabeth. That is a fact. Soon, he will let her know how much...

"So, if you do not mind adultery... what about Mr Darcy witnessing a tender scene between his cousin and his lover in the library? He gets very upset, and finds dear Jane looking quite fetching in her black gown. Perhaps he can be willing to seek some romance in Jane's arms...After all, what are friends for?"

Gasp, no you wouldnt!

....and ill tell you why. Darcy - you have said yourself. Is still all honerable, and he even managed to hold back with a compliant Lizzy in his arms. It would be far too much of an about turn to go with Jane, Lizzy is the one he loves, and the one he has/is saving himself for. Yes he may be angry IF he say Lizzy and Fitz but would he really be so horrible to his friend Bingley, betraying a mate like that would cause a breakdown of the severest kind the poor guy would go ga ga.

As it happens I strongly disaporove of adultary in ALL cases but your story requires me to forget my morals. I either join in with the fun - in which case anything goes - or stop reading....and im not about to do that. So Fitz can have Jane, but Darcy and Elizabeth belong together, and Darcy would loose a lot of his appeal were he to betray a friend like Bingley. Fitz on the otherhand is not involved, and a bit of a cad in anycase - he can do as he chooses. I just hope he chooses Jane. Best resolustion for everyone.....exept Gorgi who may be a bit in love with him, but thats a whole other discussion!!!

All this talk is makin me real nervous about the next chapter and the upcoming ones. Also, the name of the next chapter makes me nervous. Oh, Eli, why do you do this to us?!

I do love your take on Bingley. I admit that I have only seen the 2005 version of the movie and your Bingley fits that Bingley perfectly. He is totally like a big kid. I love the actors sooo much in that movie that I can't bring myself to watch the BBC version. So hopefully, Bingley will learn to turn into a man with husband duties that he must perform.

Guess we will see...sweet anticipation!

I just have to jump into all this conversation
1st, Eli thanks for explaining the "history" as I too was judging the Colonel's not corresponding with Lizzy as a measure of his affections...completely understand now BUT still do not want he and Lizzy together, please please do not do this to us.
And I have to adamantly state “NO” to Darcy and Jane; I agree they both love Lizzy too much to have this happen and I can guess (and hope) so do you, right? Begging again....
As to your hints to future chapter titles...causing more confusion to me but I don’t mind and will keep to this forum in hopes that more clever thoughts than mine will appear! Can you atleast tell us if there is ANY calmness and happiness coming for D&L in the next chapter; they have waited so long...can they not be happy soon...can you not let you other clever storylines which are creating the battles of feelings and entanglements take over for a while so that D&L can enjoy each other alittle?
In my opinion, a VERY confused state, you have created an exceptional mystery as to the probable "couples" in this story, Capital!

Wow, great discussions!!

All i will say is that, I didnt think JANE had it in her

I have to agree! I have never been in a more interesting and enjoyable forum, much to do with a most interesting and enjoyable story!! Thanks to ALL

I have never been in a more interesting and enjoyable forum

Eli is a super entertainer, isn't she?

R~

Thanks Eli for the Regency Etiquette info. I still think that Fitzwilliam was a little sly in the beginning. Aaaannnnndddddd, I dont' feel there is any way Darcy will betray Bingley or Elizabeth. Fitzwilliam was the one who noticed Jane's beauty immediately and wondered how a "clown" like Bingley had caught her. Oh, it is getting good. I have to say that even though I don't agree with adultery either, I didn't think Jane even had it in her to look at another man, much less fantasize about him. Sorry gang that my responses are so long here lately. This story puts a lot on my mind. Cindy

Eli,

You tease! I knew you were going to put me off one more chapter! Well I can say I was a little disappointed at the voice in the gazebo, boy were we way off base! LOL

But I have to thank you for such a wonderful and LONG chapter! That was truly a treat!

Now poor Georgiana, she is so in love with the Col and he doesn't see it! I hope she doesn't get hurt in the long run!

I am glad the Col is back and I feel sorry for him to come home and face all that he has had to face. I am thankful he is taking a step back to allow Darcy and Elizabeth to meet first before he makes his presence known to her! I know he is hurting right now at all the information he has been given about his cousin and Elizabeth, but he is being very mature about letting this all play out! I am sure though, that he will not just sit by quietly through the whole thing! I am sure you have some pretty surprising stuff ahead!

I am ready for Lizzy and Darcy to have a second chance and although, it may not be proper for him to consider anyone because of the mourning period, I hope that they will have a better second chance and get things out in the open!

Thanks again for posting a new, very long chapter! I guess I can't really complain! (oh wait a minute, of course I won't complain, but it won't stop me from wanting more!)

Thanks Eli and please post again soon, and try to not make it too many cliffhangers this time! I mean this is becoming a habit of your and I just want to each and every time! LOL

Brandy

Quoting RW."Let me entertain you "
Where shall I begin? Ufff! There is so much to answer. Well. You will have to allow me a little time. I will try to answer all your queries.

Lisa...
Both Darcy and Fitz are honourable men, dearest. Richard is easygoing and does not hesitate to advance 'cause he has been trained to do so. Darcy had had a bad experience when he was too young, his convictions, though , were soon forgotten when it came to Elizabeth.He was ready to look for her while still married, woo her, and make love to her... and even divorce. So much for a "honourable" man...Fitzwilliam, you will see, had never entertain a married woman, that is way he has not advanced in this inviting territory.
So who is more honourable?

Okay Kajak. You can picture the actor of your choice. Both Bingleys, from either version were young man with this idiotic look upon their faces.LCT has been written with the BBC version in my mind, though. I wish I had leasrn to post a pictiure of Bingley. Can you help me Renee find the most stupid pose, if you please?
I hate Bingley because he really showed he did not deserve Jane's love when he walked out on her. But rich men where usually the ones who picked the lady, especially if the lady was from a lower esphere.That is why Darcy is so confident on his first proposal...

Well Theresa and Lilly,
Mind you! Jane is like a little caterpillar in a cocoon.While she was in there, she had to stay on one leaf only...But now... She is about to pop out of her cocoon having suffered great transformations
And you know butterflies...they cannot help flying from one "pistil" to other, of you allow me the metaphor...

Cindy,
Have you ever heard this old idiomatic expression?SmileyCentral.com
"Still waters...run deep."

Brandy,
Thank you dear.I must say I never thougght this chapter would be so entertaining.
Well, Anything can happen now... I f you like Shakespear and the way he loved to entangle his chatacters, then You will like this plot...No that I am compering myself to Shakesperare. No way!SmileyCentral.comI mean to say that anything may happen, and anyone may end up with the most preposterous partner
So, a week comes a week goes. There are only 5 days to the answer now.

Eli, I have pondered the identity of the person in the Library. After re-reading the chapter and the remarks of LisaJ and KayakChick I have come to the conculsion that it is Colonel Fitzwilliam not Darcy. For Elizabeth, while remembering the most tantalizing Mr. Darcy and her introduction to the pleasures he bestoed unto her, Elizabeth did not here the 1st knocks on the Library door. Yes I believe those 1st knocks were Darcy and with no answer he probably got discouraged and left and therefore knowing that the Colonel was right behind Darcy on his way to get to the bottom of the whole thing between his cousin and his fiancee. He, Colonel Fitzwilliam, is the one that opens the door and it is His incredulous voice that Elizabeth here's. For she has not heard that voice in quit a long time and has thought him to be dead.
Therfore "The Worst That Could Happen" is Darcy going back to the Library to find his cousin and Elizabeth either talking or in an embrace.
Well if that's not it and it is Darcy in the Library then "The Worst That Could Happen" is the Colonel finding Darcy and Elizabeth in a compromising embrace. Whichever way you look at it someone is going to get hurt.
As for the "Women in Black" we know that the funeral is next, and " The Unread Letters" I will have to wait till the next two chapters pass to figure that one out.
Well off to bed all this thinking tonight has worn me out.

Well dear,
I must say you were close. But you know, I can think of even worst things to happen. SmileyCentral.com It is only foyur days now to learn the truth. But I will grant you yet the priviledge of learning the hedings of yet anotyher chapter.Truth to be told I made a mistake when I told the names. TUL comes in fact, later on . Nº 22 is called "Love me, Love my Cousin..." and nº 23 "Fitzwilliam,Fitzwilliam ?"
I cannot believe you dod not get the hint from TUL. come on. You can make it. Who could have write letters?Besides , in past chapters it has been already said...SmileyCentral.com

As long as Elizabeth and Darcy end up together. That's all I care about. Now I don't believe Darcy would hook up with Jane because he loves Elizabeth and her husband is his friend and wouldn't have sex with Jane and risk losing his love of his life and his friend. I have an older married sister and if she cheated on her husband, Jean (Yes he's French) with my boyfriend and we found out, Jean and I would be ******* We would never forgive them. So Elizabeth and Bingley would never forgive Jane or Darcy if they have an affair.

Although Jane is attracted to Darcy, she realizes he has eyes for Elizabeth, so she wouldn't have an affair with him I really think when Colonel Fitzwilliam sees how much Elizabeth loves Darcy he will find comfort in Jane's arms and they will have an affair.

Please tell me Darcy won't have an affair with Jane. I’m sorry but I will stop reading if they have an affair.

Susie Q from Texas

Eli, How close? Yes it has come to me that Georgie has written letters and also Elizabeth received them but did not open them so it has to be Elizabeth going back to the letters to find what? Who had written her? Georgie?, Darcy?, The Colonel? Even though it could take months for a letter to make it back to England during the war it has been longer so it could be letters from the Colonel however improper it may have been.
"Love me, Love my Cousin..." yes Darcy and/or the Colonel, they are contemplating the reality that is before them.
and "Fitzwilliam, Fitzwilliam?" Who is thinking of Fitzwilliam... Elizabeth, Jane, Georgie?
Oh Eli this is so good. Thanks for the hints it gives us all something to think about till we receive another chapter.

Oh another thought... Fitzwilliam did Darcy knock him out during a confrontation? Thats got to be it. If I am getting to close Eli e-mail me and I will stop trying to guess I don't want to spoil all the fun.

Susie Q: I am in Texas too! But you can't threaten Eli like that!!! Have faith in her...

Julia42: I think you have guessed it exactly when it comes to the unopened letters. Thanks for helping all of us!

Eli: Thanks for the feedback. I remember that you stated a long time ago that your story was based on the BBC version but it hasn't been hard for me to imagine these characters from the 2005 version. Thanks!

This is the craziest story I have ever read and I love my buddies on this forum. What a great way to spend a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon in dreary Texas.

Iam kind of busy now, but I promise I will answer you in about , say 2 hours, okay?
Love this thing!!

Ok, I just read this chapter again. The Col. told Darcy, while they were in the gazebo, that Lizzy was in the parlor, not the library. So the one coming through the door has to be the Col. He is very sneaky I tell you. I hope this all works out without any more grief for our dear D & E.

Well I will answer in order of appearance.
Susie: Shame on you! You seemed such a devoted person!The only way you can find out whether Darcy has an affair with Jane, is reading the chapter. I'm sorry to tell.
Well, Elizabeth did have an affair with his "brother", both of them. First with George Wickham, and then with Fitzwilliam. Why can't he have an affair with jane, say to school her and get schooled in change?
SmileyCentral.com

Julia,
You were close in that somone does witness something , two people making out. Not in chapter 20, but further on, I think it is in chapter 21 "Love me love my cousin". I took that from an idiomatic expression(Love me, love my dog)That means, take me just the way I am, the whole package.So that will definitely happen.SmileyCentral.com

kAYAK,
Definitely Julia guessed it (about the letters). But remember they were not read. So,...do the sum.
Raining huh?. I love that. I can stay the longest hours in front of the PC writing on and onSmileyCentral.com without any interruption, because as it is raining there is practically nothing else to do...

Yes Mo. Richard, dear Richard is very sneaky whatever that means...SmileyCentral.com And you will have him having his ways...I can't help it!

yYou know Julia. I did write a scene , where Darcy and The colonel had this row and Darcy called Richard out, but then again I was told not to include it.SmileyCentral.com
I liked it a lot,as it was raining as you very well know, and the two studs fought in the rain,Mmmm . Get the picture? Then Lord Matlock stopped them. It was a bit comical when they get scolded by the old man.Awkward too, just like in the scene form B J's Diary-

OMG!!!

Please tell me Darcy does not have an affair with Jane..........PLEASE!!!! I totally missed the whole part leading to this idea. I must have totally missed it! What chapter was this it in, the last one?

UGH! That would not be good, not good at all.....say it isn't so!? Please!?

ALSO
Darcy and Elizabeth have "saved" themselves for so long it would be such a shame for them to "lose" it with anyone else but eachother because they love eachother so much.........

I am in deep turmoil, I have to slap myself out of it!! SLAP SLAP!!

OK, still not better!

M
This is merely speculation. Nothing of the sort has ALREADY happened. Some of the readers are ready toSmileyCentral.comin case something of the sort really happens, so now I am at odds on what to do. What say you?

Eli, Coming into work, I have just finished catching up with the latest comments....and if you are asking for a vote, mine is passionately NO NO NO Darcy&Jane (hurts my figures to even type that) CANNOT HAVE AN AFFAIR....she can with anyone else but I agree, Darcy and Lizzy HAVE TO BE TOGETHER, you can continue to take your time, we can continue with the twists and turns, but THEY HAVE TO BE TOGETHER....I am devoted to this story and your writing is one of my favorites, if not THE favorite, and I DO have faith in you, you are just teasing, right!!!
I cant believe I have totally missed of the leads and hints....I'm going to spend tonight re-reading the last couple of chapters. This forum is SO SMART, really enjoy....

Poor Jane...SmileyCentral.com

Oh no! All these speculations are giving me slight heart palpitations as I imagined all the various scenes that i so do NOT want to see !

Agreed with most that Darcy cannot be with Jane, she'll have to be educated or experienced satisfaction with other men, such as Colonel . After all these years and all the pinning Darcy and Lizzy have gone thru, they have to be with each other! But knowing that we still have quite a bit of chapters to go, I think my nerves might just suffer as you Eli, continue to twirl us round and round

Well, at least some faith still remains somewhere.SmileyCentral.com Fear not. Everybody will be happy after all this angst!! You'll see.

What say me?? Well thx for asking.

I love your story so much and have TOTAL faith in you that you have written it the way it should be. Why else would you have "saved" both of them this long. They will be eachother's firsts and lasts.......

I just am just so impatient. Maybe I should just avoid this story for 6 months and when I come back it will be complete and I can go into a reading frenzy and know all the answers in one evening. YEAH RIGHT! Like I could stay away, I will be waiting like a mad woman on Friday.

I'm so nervous for this next chapter!! I CANNOT stomach Jane and Darcy. That's just TOO much angst to deal with in one story. I do think it's the Colonel in the library though. I would imagine Elizabeth's shock to see him at all. I don't think she knows he's even alive at this point. The Colonel is may have honor, but he is in love with her, so I'm imagining letting her go will not be easy.

Ok, I'm begging now!! OH PLEASE HAVE THE NEXT CHAPTER READY TOMMORROW!!! My nerves are shot through and I need relief!!!

I do not believe that Jane would seriously entertain an affair with Darcy--she is honorable, if unhappy. She loves her sister very much, and she's aware that Elizabeth loves Darcy. It would violate their trust for her to begin an affair with the man her sister loves (and Jane also recognizes that Darcy loves Elizabeth). Her ruminations, I think, were more to point out what she lacks and as an example of what she'd like, than actually wanting Darcy. Which is why I think that it is highly likely that something could happen with the colonel--could Charles get really sick and die?

Our triangles as I see them--and ultimately form a rectangle, are Elizabeth triangulated between Darcy and the colonel. And the other is that Fitzwilliam will be torn between Jane and Elizabeth. But I don't think it goes to Jane and Darcy.

I agree Dana, but I think we must add to the rectangle the Colonel triangulation with Darcy - can we imagine what will happen if it is the Colonel with Lizzy in the library and they are embraced and Darcy walks in, i do believe it will be interesting to see if either are truly gentlemen! And just want to mention a nagging thought, I know the Colonel told Darcy that Lizzy is in the parlor (perhaps to lead him in the wrong direction) but didnt he tell him first that Charles told him he had taken her to the library? One minute I have sympathy for the Colonel and one minute I don't!
I just keep hangin on to my wishes, best said above by "m" they should be their firsts and lasts.....what a perfect way to say it...

o.k. Eli, it's your story, but............we love your story and so it has become our story, therefore, no Jane and Darcy, no............please.................As to the next chapter, it promises to be a gem a title like "the women in black" and your sense of humor should entertain. I imagine that the last thing in these women's mind is mourning. I am beginning to like the Colonel, he is a man of action. Do i detect a penchant for men in uniform?

Lorena

They will be each other's firsts and lasts

Mmm. We will see,M...The colonel is very sneaky as you put it, isn't he? The is ripe and he is hungry...It will only depend on who climbs the cherry tree first...
Don't. Don't stop reading at this stage ...I will miss you...

I don't think she knows he's even alive at this point. The Colonel is may have honor, but he is in love with her, so I'm imagining letting her go will not be easy.

You have put it quite well, dearest. No, Elizabeth has no idea. Darcy believes she has already seen him, because Richard told him He had seen her, and he understood he had talked to her...Richard made up his mind to allow him to talk to her first, but then he means to have a go at it...

Jane will soon have to make up her mind ....

Oh Eli, I couldn't stop reading your story even if I tried, you have me hooked my dear!

And I just know (keeping fingers crosssed here) you are trying to lead me/us astray by trying to confuse me/us with your comment about Mr. Colonel Man being all sneaky and yadda yadda yadda but I KNOW that Darcy and Elizabeth will take that "first time" trip together, I just know it! It truly can't be any other way.....

said tomorrow, is that right or is that just begging!?

could Charles get really sick and die?
Okay. Here is someone who votes to do away with nasty Bingley who cannot make Jane happy Any one joining her?

Our triangles as I see them--and ultimately form a rectangle, are Elizabeth triangulated between Darcy and the colonel. And the other is that Fitzwilliam will be torn between Jane and Elizabeth

And what shall we do with Gergiana? Can't she have a go at it?

Is the story being posted earlier this week, someone said tomorrow, is that right or is that just begging and wishful thinking!?

Cuz if it is begging and if it will help then I will aid in the begging process......

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19