Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author
Comment
Re: Elena's "Love Calls Twice"

I felt awful,too. You know... This side of Anne was not included in the original story. It is a chapter I have recently written after watching the film "The Age of Innocence", as I explained above Anne's character was inspired in the personality of Archer's wife, and then included in the story as an afterthought. Now I think I might have played with her relationship with Darcy a little more. Perhaps in a second edition of the story...
Yes. Richard is back, and still in love with Elizabeth.A clash is inminent...SmileyCentral.com

Let me get this straight--you didn't intend the meaning of the word squash as a long vegetable??? My American English was certainly picturing the vegetable, and I had envisioned a very definite purpose for it...

I'm so glad I don't have to google "orange squash" because it is explained in this forum. I couldn't figure out what kind of kinky purpose Darcy was going to have with a gourd or pumpkin. I was trying to picture it in my head and was absolutely stumped!

So Lady Catherine has finally past to greener pastures. Who will Collins bow down to now?

Gosh, 3 years has passed! But what a suffering period for our favourite characters. Am glad that there's no scandal after all and Lizzy is only having a self-imposed exile from the society.

Anne is indeed, looking rather pitiful now, all thanks to your heart-wrenched writing Eli , . I felt for her just a little bit, but in the end still feel that she has brought upon the current circumstances to herself, or we can blame it on Lady C. Anyway, now she's dead and gone, and very soon it'll be Anne's turn (wicked me ) and yes! Next chapter we'll be able to find out who's the voice!

I want to know if Richard did see Lizzy after all, and surely after deciding that her heart lies with Darcy, she can't possibly go back to Colonel right??

Ive been very busy so not beening able to comment but im still hooked.
I feel as if the Lizzy doesn't deserve Darcy or the Colonel she has caused them soo much pain.I know she is saying she loves Darcy now but im still not sure of her,(but i hope she chooses Darcy)
I loved Anna trying to seduce her husband,i think she just want to be loved by Darcy and its a shame!
Ive got a feel that the Colonel is married when its actually Catherine so he doen't meet her.
Is it nealy time when Darcy and Lizzy meet in the gazebo
Niketa

Dana and Amy:
As it is very clear through the context, Darcy does NOT need any long vegetable in his bed.

Absolutely, Gio. Richard is coming back for more.

Niketa:
I believe you got it all wrong. It is not Richard who married Kitty, but Edward Ellison, Richard's nephew through his sister Lady Sarah.

To all of you...
SmileyCentral.com

Eli you are making me a bad person you see im sure im not supposed to be pleased that the old dragon that is Lady C is gone, but for some reason, I am. Now all Darcy has to do is get rid of Anne and he will loose at least some small amount of stress . I loved the comments about the squash in this thread, they made me laugh so hard. As a brit I didnt see anthing odd in it when I was reading . As I have never been a huge fan of the Colonel (he just dosent do it for me im afraid) I'm not to pleased to see him back, but now Lizzy is convinced she loves Darcy she would not be persuaded otherwise. Would she?

I think the disolusioned Colonel, having lost site of all the rules amongst all the chaos of war should come back and show Jane a good time, no deep and meaningfull feelings, jut a good time had by all. .

We must be close the beginning now I think, bring it on! Thanks.

Oh dear, I've been imagining Darcy with an orange vegetable in bed now! I never thought about it being anything other than a drink when I read it but now, it's all too funny!

Oh Lisa. You cannot imagine how reassuring your words are. Every now and then I have this arguments(not bad ones, of course) with the sweet American lady who objects to my British terminology. She is so kind so as to have agreed to proofread for the grammar and lang.But the thing is that I have learnt Brit. English. I know I ended up writing half Brit half Am.
She tried to persuade me to change squash for juice, but I imagined the consequences to be quite hilarious, so I decided to let it be.
I must add that Darcy is by no means "getting rid" of his spouse, although he felt tempted to do so.SmileyCentral.com

Be honest Eli, if Darcy could get rid of his wife he would, I know he wont bump her off or anything but if divorce were possible, or a long trip for one to the continent, or the America's, Africa perhaps etc. surely he would put her on the boat and happily wave goodbye!

Darcy needs lizzy, that large orange vegetable needs attention!!!! Lizzy needs Darcy, dreams are not enough to live on. I want to see them together, and happy, and as Anne is fictional, and not my particula friend, I dont mind seeing her dimise.....perhaps he could lock her up in a Pemberly attic. No, done already, ah well, not my story, I will wait patiently till you have had enough of Anne and we get to the voice.

Ps. So very glad to see your story today, I was having a very, very bad day at work and this post has cheered me up no end.

Lisa,
I guess you are right.Thanks God Darcy is not acquaited with Rochester!
I am sooooooo happy the story has been the source of your amusement!!!SmileyCentral.com
Your pleasure is sure to be mine, too. That is what one post one's writings for. To share one's amusement! Have a great day!!!

OMG! That huge orange vegetable...when i was reading the chapter, i did do a double-take on the word but really didn't think too much on it. But now, when i read that it was suppose to mean orange juice, it is cracking me up. literally laughing out loud and people here at work are looking at me like i am crazy. i spent some time in london and never heard juice called that before! wow!!!

Who knew that three years could pass so quickly? Since the orange squash has already been discussed, please let me add how much I liked the line about Anne's abhorrence to gravity. Heehee. Newton's law of gravitation and laws of motion must be obeyed - especially if Darcy is involved!

I also enjoyed the subtle use of 'dear cousin' when Darcy spoke to Anne. Definitely not his wife! Thank you.

Laura.
You are what one can call a careful reader.Indeed, it was subtle and at the same time rather straightforward way of deterring her from further intimacy...Thank you for your words. It takes me months of careful work to decide on how to say things before I finally send a chapter for proofreading. I am always fishing for the right word. Many times I fail(as in the example of the squash, but it turned out very funny, indeed)
Gravity indeed! Here is another form of say pregnancy. I hope you guys had grasped the right meaning!!!

Great chapter. My heart goes out to Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy because they are both sad and both long for each other. I'm not happy Colonel Fitzwilliam is returning. I hope Elizabeth will break off their engagement. Hey, Jane Austen broke her one day old engagement off to Harris Bigg Wither, which was a big hoopla, but she knew she didn't love him. Elizabeth could do that, too, but this story isn't mine. I just hope the love triangle (for a lack of a better word) doesn't get too messy.

Well, I'm anxiously waiting for chapter nineteen. I hope it's up soon!

Susie Q from Texas

Great chapter! Sorry to say I feel no remorse in losing Lady Catherine. She is always so mean. Could it be possible that Anne falls into a deep despression which causes her demise as well? Darcy in bed...Naked... Whew, wish I had been there. I have to say I was wondering what orange squash was as well but I pictured a round orange vegetable and had no idea what he needed it for (so funny of you to do that). I have to admit that I don't recall ever being confused by a word you have used until now, (which was purposefully done) so your American proofreader is doing a great job.

Fitzwilliam finally comes back, I'm so glad he wasn't killed. I wonder what Lizzy will say to him or maybe he has been changed so much by the war that Lizzy will no longer find him attractive but a wounded man unable to be healed ( I don't mean his looks) That was mentioned quite alot and wondered whether that would be the reason for there final separation. Whatever happens, I can't wait to read more!

By the way I know I was away most of the holidays and just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and hoping that you will provide us all with a most pleasant distraction (your stories, of course) for many more years to come. I have to say that reading LCT really helps me unwind after a hard day.

Eli,
I only meant that the scientist in me was amused by the idea of Darcy falling. Resulting equal & opposite reactions etc. would not be abhorrent! And any resulting pregnancy would be no occasion to repine.

Waiting patiently for the reunion of D & E. I love your choice of words. Write on!

Susie,
Elizabeth's engagement is already broken.You should know better than expecting from me to lower my hands as regards the colonel... Yes, the triangle is about to reshape into a rectangle...you'll see.
Chapter 19 will be posted next week, surely. Till then Au revoir!

Oh, my... I just stared at the screen when I came to the part about the orange squash. Surely he wouldn't need a vegetable to make himself capable of bedding his wife? Well, I've never heard that word in that context before, so that was just too funny.

I'm so happy Lady Cat is gone, by the way. And I half expected Darcy to throw himself out the window when Anne was bothering him at Rosings. However, something tells me that the cold weather at Rosings may hurt little Mrs. Darcy?

Also, I really hope that Richard finds out about Lady Catherine and Elizabeth's little confrontation. Frankly, I'd love to see him yell at her.

Can't wait to read the next part!

Jess,
You made me laugh! I cannot help giggling at the thought of what you guys must have thought when picturing Darcy , naked in bed, with an orange squash in his hand. Not to mention the look in Anne's eyes at such vision!!!No wonder she fled the room!!
Your words cannot be better. The nice ladies are doing a great job, and at the same time I am learning a third language(or I should say developing a new one "Britamerenglish") It is a good thing you are yet to discover strange wording.These beautiful people deserve all the praises.Otherwise you would be killing me with questions as regards meaning, I am sure!!!
Hmmmm. You must know, surely you must know I have this thing about soldiers...
Thanks for your wishes. I sincerely hope likewise.

Oh, yes Kreidy. You can bet he will have something to say...all in time...By the way...are you a reader of the mind?

Eli, I still enjoyed this chapter even though I am still morning D&E not yet reuniting. Glad we are rid of Aunt C and I just can't bring myself to have any sympathy for A, she set her marriage terms with D plus I just cant picture D connecting physically but with Lizzy, (must be all this fanfiction I'm reading!)
Eagerly awaiting the next chapter, THE CHAPTER REVEALING THE VOICE AT THE GAZEBO!! (must be Lizzy, please)
As to Richard, I have faith in Lizzy, I believe she will JUST tell him the truth of what her and Darcy has done, thus releasing him from their engagement and probably he will confront Darcy...could that be part of your described "shaping into a rectangle"?? I just dont understand why you just dont publish....I would reread and reread and reread! As always, great writing..

Wow! Publishing! Pray, someone in publishing read this!
Seriously speaking, now. Theresa, I do not know what I will do with my time when this story is over.I hope I find some entertainment otherwise I will go mad!Honestly, this is so much fun for me.Hmm.you bet all this coming and going from one bed to the other will have some repercusSion and probably more than one will suffer the pain. It is like the words in the Bible...Sow wind and you shall get storms...

Eli, not sure if I am looking forward to the next chapter now. Does love call twice for Darcy now? Just like Elizabeth? To make the square as you stated. I am sooo confused. Boy, I certainly bet Darcy will not be happy with Elizabeth when he founds out about her and his cousin. Will he not desire her anymore because she is a "wanton" woman?

Everyone was so concerned about Elizabeth have another love. That I think everyone forgot about Darcy. Man...

Eli I'll have you know I just about chocked reading this chapter yesterday No seriously!, I had had a long busy morning and about 3:30 in the afternoon I deceided to take a lunch break and read the new chapter, so I was reading away eating my grapes and yogurt and came upon the carriage ride to Rosings. The whole thing was so comical I couldn't stop laughing and I get chocked so easily, well need I say more. I am still smiling just thinking about "Mr Darcy's Mistress" great job I think we needed a good laugh given all the angst we have suffered Oh and the part where Darcy is sitting on the bed oh Yeh I'm ready. Can't wait to see what you have instore for our Colonel. Oh and Eli my back is getting better and I am what you would say " addicted, obsessed" to P&P fanfiction. As always can't wait for the next chapter. julia42

Eli,
I am so enjoying the discussion of the squash! I'm glad I'm not the only American with a dirty mind.

Well Ellen, I must confess I am to blame...As you know I have been warned about the secondary meaning of the word. I would have never expected the excellent reaction on the readers' part.It seems it was really hilarious. I am still laughing heartily...Who would have thought this chapter, serendipitous chapter I must say, written completely out of a brainwave while watching a silly film would turn out to be so successful. I have had the fun of a lifetime.SmileyCentral.com

Julia,
Let me join you in your merriment. I am still astound at the incredible reaction you guys have had. Never before the story had had such a great number of replies. I can barely answer all of you as I usually do!!It seems I am repeating the same over and over, but well...apparently the chapter has moved you to answer because you had a good time while reading it.I am overwhelmed with joy and gratefulness.It is very nice that you should have shared your enthusiasm with me. Thanks. I hope the rest of the story keeps this chapter's level of inspiration...
Oh yes...the scene in the carriage is very special. I can see her now jumping on the poor man to steal a kiss from him. What to say of the picture of Darcy waiting for his bride...As Lydia and Kitty would have put it...Mmmmmmm

I am so enjoying the discussion of the squash! I'm glad I'm not the only American with a dirty mind

Dutch girl joining the chorus... and state of mind

My readers and I are honoured with your presence in the forum, dearest Mrs Darcy. You are most welcome, dirty mind notwithstandingSmileyCentral.com

I must confess, I read very little fanfiction these days (except for my own authors), but I used to devour all stories and I'm pretty sure that there has never been such an interaction between Anne and Darcy before! Oh yeah, I'm enjoying myself immensely, apart from being moved too obviously. Keep up the good work, dear girl!

R~

I was also curious about the orange squash until I read the other comments. I am glad I did or I would have embarrassed myself. Darcy had a close call there, and I very happy that Anne changed her mind. I don't blame her one bit for wanting to be "closer" to Darcy, who wouldn't. So the Col. is back, and the engagement is sort of broken. I hope he meets someone else before he finds Lizzy. Maybe Georgiana?
Love this story.

Thank you
Mo

Renée
You certainly do not comment much, but when you do...well, you know how to make one feel proud of one's work...Thank you from the bottom of my heart.SmileyCentral.com

Mo,
It is indeed a great thing there are so many Americans in the forum. Otherwise, I would not have had such a laugh!!!
Soon, you will discover what awaits to our dear Colonel...

Renée
You certainly do not comment much...

I know and wish it would be otherwise, honey, but I just don't have time to comment thoroughly and regularly.

Remember though, the mere presence of you and all the other fine authors on my site is a proof of my adoration and devotion.

Eli,
Wow you really scared me on this last chapter! I was really starting to wonder what you were going to make Darcy do with Anne! I mean yes I know that he is still a "virgin" after 5 years of marriage but there is more than one way to skin a cat! I thought it was hilarious that Anne was scared at the sight of "him"!

I was glad to see our dear Col. back safe but was sad to see that his heart has had to suffer the witness of death and destruction of war! I only hope that the pain of Elizabeth's confession won't be too bad on him!

Now I know next chapter is suppose to be the return of "the voice" but why do I have the feeling, Eli, that you are going to make us suffer and bring the voice back at the very end of the chapter?

It has been a while since we have had the surprise of multiple chapters in one week, so I am just going to put in my request now! Did I say request or beg? LOL, same difference! You can't blame a girl for trying!

Another great chapter to a wonderful story! Eli, thank you for posting regularly and I can only hope for more soon!

Brandy

Brandy, I know what you mean with "you really scared me with this last chapter".... After all, what's Darcy to do with Anne and a squash??? Thank goodness for all the nice ladies in this forum that are so kind as to explain certain things to people like me, who have a mind like a sewer... Oh, Eli, this story is such a BIG success, and so much fun too!!

Eli,

You know this story is successful because of you. Your writing from the very first chapter has kept us all wanting more and coming back for more. So if any one needs congrats on the success of this story it is you, my dear Eli.
Now, what is this talk of not knowing what to do once this story is over? Won't you be writing another one for us?

XOXOXO
Jess

Brandy,
I can only promise that our dear good colonel is back for good, and you should know better than to even think I will make him suffer...I love Richard Fitzwilliam. He is my hero...The whole story is about him...
A loooong chapter awaits you, dear. Almost 8000 words. So you see, it is like a double chapter anyway, is it not?
I am just back from a weekend at the beach and making the last adjustment to the next chapter.So, hopefully,it will be posted in time.
Kisses
Eli

Kari and Jess,
You are going to make a conceited and proud sort of person of me. Thank you for your warm words.SmileyCentral.com

Eli, what rectangle is this? Surely you jest?! I don't think i can handle more angst. I have some consolation in the fact that you admitted you love happy endings. Here i was thinking that Lady C had died, Anne is to follow and finally some happiness and action for our Mr.Darcy. Please tell me the rectangle is with Anne, please. Elizabeth is how old now? Three and twenty?

Lorena,
Remember there are about twenty chapters to go...there are a lot of twists about to begin...
Elizabeth is going on seven and twenty. Darcy is turning four and thirty and the Colonel is six and thirty already. Anne is almost six and thirty.
Fera not. Happy endings are uppermost with me...SmileyCentral.com

Eli, did I read correctly someone's previous email that there may be ANOTHER woman in Darcy's life....PLEASE I CANNOT TAKE ANOTHER ONE!!! NONONONO!
I have enough anguish over A! Please tell me in the next chapter I will be relieved alittle!?

I merely stated that the triangle will soon be a rectangle. Then the idea of another woman cropped up...it was all Kajak's doing... All I can say is that next chapter will close the new geometry.

Eli, thank you, you have calmed me! Awaiting next chapter....best wishes to you for the New Year

If we are lucky and you are kind, the new woman will be a new mate for the dear colonel (Georgiana comes to mind, as she does love him). I wouldn't wish him to suffer needlessly. Twenty more chapters...twists and turns...just please give us a bit of mush relief!

I think Georgiana is the fourth point of the rectangle. Didn't Richard find himself re-evaluating his view of her, no longer a child, before he went off to war?? That would make for a satisfying resolution to the problems (once Anne has died). Richard, harboring thoughts of Georgiana, should be less stricken by Lizzy's apparent betrayal. (Of course, they can all have the satisfaction of blaming Darcy for everything. If he hadn't been such a coward (to approach Lizzy), this whole tangle could have been avoided.)

Ohhh! How much I like all these inferences!!I must say you are still clueless

Eli, clueless huh? Okay, could the women for the Colonel be Caroline or Kitty? I'm just throwing those names out there? I'm happy it just NOT Lizzy..

8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17